The reason U2 keeps coming back to North America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wireman

The Fly
cos we rock !! And I think the aussies should chill, u2 will be there soon enough. Chances are your going to get the Zoo tv type deal again, your going to get some new tunes as well. If anything I thought they would never go back to mexico and it seems they are doing that. If mexico is getting a show, they will play Australia. I can see how it would be annoying that u2 plays specks like hamilton but ignores the entire aussie market. See one of the biggest popmart mistakes was committing to tour dates before the album was ready. The fact that they haven't committed to any more touring makes me hopeful for a new album. I do hope that aussies get a chance to see u2 in areans though...somehow...I think after this tour, I don't think a stadium tour could top it. This is my rant for the day

[This message has been edited by wireman (edited 11-06-2001).]

Well its easy to say chill when you've seen the shows in your country.

The thing is...U2 ARE NOT COMING.

This they have said, this Paul McGuinness has said.
End of story.

The REAL reason why U2 keeps coming back to North America: Money, plain and simple. They can charge the most for tickets here, sell the most T-shirts, make more money here than anywhere else.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:

End of story.

ZooManda is right!

Just you wait, Bono! I'm gonna have your arse kicked for this!!
mad.gif

End of story.

They also siad they weren't goign to play mexico...that seems to be happening. And yes it easy to say chill, but I hihgly doubt stressing over it is doing you any good.

End of story.

THEY ARE!!! They just have to convert it to a stadium tour so it is actually profitable to go to Oz.

Paul McGuinness said the Elevation tour won't go to Oz - he didn't say anything about the tour next year to promote the new album!

And Bono lied when he told fans who met him in the summer that the Elevation tour was ending in November, and then they were going back to the studio. They never talk about things before they are confirmed to prevent rumours flying all over the place!

So I'm confident you'll get to see them soon - at least I hope so!
biggrin.gif

when I say stressing..I mean every aussie right now who is having anxiety over this. and Don't deny they dont' exist. And as for mexico Bono has said " we have business pending there, an appointment without a date" and that " we'll bring surprises to mexico".

Originally posted by wireman:
cos we rock !! And I think the aussies should chill, u2 will be there soon enough. Chances are your going to get the Zoo tv type deal again, your going to get some new tunes as well. If anything I thought they would never go back to mexico and it seems they are doing that. If mexico is getting a show, they will play Australia. I can see how it would be annoying that u2 plays specks like hamilton but ignores the entire aussie market. See one of the biggest popmart mistakes was committing to tour dates before the album was ready. The fact that they haven't committed to any more touring makes me hopeful for a new album. I do hope that aussies get a chance to see u2 in areans though...somehow...I think after this tour, I don't think a stadium tour could top it. This is my rant for the day

[This message has been edited by wireman (edited 11-06-2001).]

Hmmm..I feel a rant coming on. I don't appreciate being told to chill out. As zooropamanda said, it's easy for you to say when you've had a billion opportunities to see them live. And will everyone stop with the "they'll get there eventually...be patient" crap. Nobody has any idea what their plans are for after this tour so shut up.

I also don't appreciate being patronised by Paul McGuinness. According to him U2 didn't come to Australia because it wasn't financially viable given the state of the dollar. Well sure that's got something to do with it but it can't be the whole reason. Since when has U2 been solely about making money?? You'd think with their multimillions they could at least put on a few shows in Oz..and Mexico..and South America..and Japan, etc and accept the fact that they're not going to make a huge profit. I mean, is this really too much to ask?? I thought they played because they loved it, not to make themselves rich.

Also, I think ATYCLB and this tour have been very much about getting back in America's favour. They wanted to get back the casual listeners and those that dropped off with POP. U2 are 'in' again in America, hence they keep coming back. But the mutual ass kissing is getting a bit nauseating now...you don't need any more dates. Be honest, you've had more than enough chances to see them. Think about how lucky you are, it's a million times easier and less expensive for you guys to travel to multiple shows. I remember when people were complaining that U2 weren't coming to their city and they'd have to drive a few hours to get to the show. I mean WTF, get some perspective.

I'm lucky enough to be able to go over to for the Vegas show but I feel for the people who aren't.

[This message has been edited by LuvLady (edited 11-06-2001).]

Originally posted by LuvLady:

I also don't appreciate being patronised by Paul McGuinness. According to him U2 didn't come to Australia because it wasn't financially viable given the state of the dollar. Well sure that's got something to do with it but it can't be the whole reason. Since when has U2 been solely about making money?? You'd think with their multimillions they could at least put on a few shows in Oz..and Mexico..and South America..and Japan, etc and except the fact that they're not going to make a huge profit. I mean, is this really too much to ask?? I thought they played because they loved it, not to make themselves rich.

I'm beginning to wonder if U2 have sold out.

icon31.gif

I was thinking that they were coming back to give that "Arun" cat some more guitar lessons...maybe they are looking for him in the states..heard he lives in NY..

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Bono/Dimon-Bos.4 Story
and Photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

cos we rock !! And I think the aussies should chill, u2 will be there soon enough. Chances are your going to get the Zoo tv type deal again, your going to get some new tunes as well.

I think you'd be singing a different tune if you were an Aussie.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

LuvLady, I agree with what you said about not being told to chill out. That really annoys me when other people tell fans to "chill" when they are justifably upset about not being able to see U2. *Everyone* and *anyone* here would be upset if they couldn't see U2, whether or not they admit it. Remember when everyone from Boston complained that Boston wasn't on the 3rd leg list? Even though they had seen 4 shows already- so I feel very much for the Aussies who haven't had any opportunities. (I'm from Boston, too, btw, just to avoid any arugments about that again) And no one should have to chill out- people have every right to be upset and disappointed over not seeing U2. And I really really hope they do make it your way, I really do. You're right that we've gotten more than enough shows- although I can't say I'd argue against it! But I hope that you guys get the chance too.

------------------
She's gonna make you cry
She's gonna make you whisper and moan

* U2TakeMeHigher *

wireman, get a grip on reality would ya?

plane tickets my arse
rolleyes.gif

this may shock you...but u2 isn't obligated to do anything they don't feel like doing.

And it's not like you can do anythign about it...so you might as well chill out.

Hal

Ummmm.....
icon28.gif

What you said was unfair and rude! Take it back or else I'll call Bono and no more tour to la la la la la l'America!!

biggrin.gif

If I were an aussie...I'd be buying plane tickets.
and because I am a mod I will stop this nonsense

this thread has only served to upset people without having anything sensible to add

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom