The REAAAAAAL Sing With Me Game - Collaborate HERE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
siren.gif
ANNOUNCEMENT!
siren.gif

I'm going to repost something I said at the end of the last thread

Ok, a few things....

First off we will be slowing down the pace of releasing these songs. Four songs in six days is kind of a crazy fast pace. It really does take a bit of work to do these songs. So the new goal will be to release one song per week. Every Monday we will be debuting a song, and on Tuesday's we will announce and begin the new song. Doing this will make sure we all have the time to make sure we do things right, rather than rushing through it. Speaking of doing things right...

Now that we have a week to complete a song, I may ask people to rerecord their part if it is not usable. What I consider not usable is either too much static, or just a recording that doesn't match the song at all. Now I am not saying these have to be beautiful, perfect recordings. But there is a difference between funny bad and bad bad. Axver is an example of funny bad. He is not even close to starting a professional career in singing, yet he submits clear, enthusiastic clips that go with the flow of the song. Bad bad is sumbitting a staticy, lifeless, monotone recording that is sung twice as fast as Bono which causes a gap in the lyrics.

Ok, having said all that, I hope I don't sound like a dictator or anything. I know these recordings won't be perfect, and I don't want to scare anyone off but I would like these songs to be fun to listen to, rather than annoying to listen to.

And like other people have recently mentioned, as there is a lot of interest in these songs now, please only claim one line per song. If it looks like we will need more people to finish up the song, then maybe you can grab a second. And if you do a few songs in a row, and some people keep missing out, it could be good to take a break for a song or two so everyone gets a chance.

Ok, now I really do sound like a dictator, but I hope this makes everything more enjoyable for everyone, and produces fun and good recordings. I'm overwhelmed by the positive response this stupid idea of mine has generated, and I hope we can keep the fun going.

Alright, thanks everybody!

alllllso

BTW, Streets will be released on Monday, and that will be the beginning of the 1 per week idea. It turns out that the lyrics that we used are a little messed up. In the live version they don't sing that whole last section, they go back to the chorus, so I need to go in and fix that. And I might get the people who had a line in the last section to sing a line for the final chorus. I'll let you know soon if you need to change your line.

I may also ask a person or two to rerecord their parts. And please don't take offense to that, it just may be needed to fit the song. Like Phil sang "It's is all I can do," when it should be "It's is alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I can do."

Also, we could use someone to sing a "Looooooooove, loooooooove, loooooooove" part before the final chorus. Check out the Superbowl appearance for a good example, we need something just like that.

Ok, so we are currently finishing up Where the Streets Have No Name which will be released on Monday. On Tuesday we will announce the new song and being work on that. Alright, have fun everybody!

ok, for anybody who had a part in the last section, i have reassigned your parts:

Where the streets have no name *17 - U2Girl1978
Where the streets have no name *18 - love_u2_adam
We’re still building, then burning down love *19 - Utoo
Burning down love *20 - PlatheGreat

The last 2 lines by Thora and digsy will work, though digsy is going to redo hers.

Also, here is a clip so people can hear the "loooooove, loooooove, loooooove" and ending parts we need.

http://stockholm-syndrome.com/audition/streetsending. mp3

and like i said before

you can hear the loooooooove, loooooooove, looooooooves that someone will need to record. actually, it would be good if we could have 2 people record that part, one guy and one girl for a high and low part, just like bono and the edge singing together.

buuuuut, for that to work, the timing has to be almost perfect. so listen to the clip while you record your vocals

It's phil...
So, do I have to do that part over then? The "Alllllllllllllll I can do?" part?

Either that, or someone else really could do it since I did the yell. That's all I need. :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
It's phil...
So, do I have to do that part over then? The "Alllllllllllllll I can do?" part?

Either that, or someone else really could do it since I did the yell. That's all I need. :wink:

yes, do it over and empasize the alllllllllll part

in the key of H

phil again,
but I thought mine was the first one. #13...right before "city's aflood" Isn't that shorter? Or is it different on the boston dvd? Hmm, I'll give it a listen.
love philk

hmm, he does hold that out a little longer on the boston version. I'll take care of it.

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
phil again,
but I thought mine was the first one. #13...right before "city's aflood" Isn't that shorter? Or is it different on the boston dvd? Hmm, I'll give it a listen.
love philk

i think live he always does it longer, and even if not for the first one, im reusing that part for the second one too, sooooo if you could do it for the second one,that would be great

Major ass kicking!
I mean kissing! :wink:

No takers for the "love" part yet, Chizip?

Common now (love).

Just remember it's all meant to be fun.
Or did it turn serious all of a sudden?

Last edited:
I love how serious this is getting :rockon::lol:

and fun too

I really want a cool line in the next song :drool:

U2Girl1978 said:
You want me to redo streets17 or someone else has done that?

Yes your line got changed

It's now the first "Where the streets have no name" in the last chorus

so if you could do that part, that would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom