The "Re-lit Unforgettable Fire"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
In regards to the 'Restored Joshua Tree' I was wondering if there was ever a recommended track listing for the Unforgettable Fire. While the album is great, there are a few holes in it...

1. A Sort of Homecoming (5:28)
2. Pride (In the Name of Love) (3:48)
3. Wire (4:19)
4. The Unforgettable Fire (4:55)
5. Promenade (2:35)
6. 4th of July (2:12)
7. Bad (6:09)
8. Indian Summer Sky (4:17)
9. Elvis Presley and America (6:23)
10. MLK (2:31)

But there are many b-sides for the Unforgettable Fire, those being;

Boomerang II
Bass Trap
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises
Sixty Seconds In The Kingdom Come

How do we mix all these tracks together?

A Sort of Homecoming
Pride
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bass Trap
Promenade
4th of July
Bad
Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
Boomerang II
Indian Summer Sky
The Three Sunrises
Love Comes Tumbling
Elvis Presley and America
MLK

theu2fly said:
But there are many b-sides for the Unforgettable Fire, those being;

Boomerang II
Bass Trap
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises
Sixty Seconds In The Kingdom Come

You mention Boomerang II but not Boomerang I? :huh:

I've an extended UF tracklist that I play a lot and I've posted it a few times before. Here it is again:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
3. Wire
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. Boomerang I
6. Boomerang II
7. Love Comes Tumbling
8. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
9. Elvis Presley And America
10. Bass Trap
11. Promenade
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. Promenade
14. 4th Of July
15. Bad
16. MLK
17. The Three Sunrises

The double inclusion of Promenade is intentional. It works equally well in both spots, and I couldn't be bothered to cut one as I like it a lot and enjoy hearing it twice. Putting The Three Sunrises last provides a nice loop back to the beginning. It can also be placed at the very start, perhaps even as MLK/The Three Sunrises/A Sort Of Homecoming, with Bad closing the album.

phillyfan26 said:
Axver can have a 20 track list and full liner notes in about 6 minutes.

I once created a hypothetical 35 track UF re-issue, but some inclusions were live performances or tracks that aren't actually publicly known and may just be a brief musical idea rather than a full song - they were just based on titles floating around from the era.

It was one of those "U2's history if I had my way" things. I never actually posted it here, though I intended to. Its comprehensiveness is just a little insane; in my defence, I was very, very bored at the time I made it.

I've actually created one of the "alternate history" things myself. I quite like it, actually. I released more live tracks, changed up the release of singles, and have renamed a couple of albums. All that plus, you know, the normal stuff, changing tracklists, making some B-sides A-sides and vice versa, picking when to do video releases.

Quite involved, I have to say. :wink:

Last edited:
the tourist said:
You should post it!

I did put it on LiveJournal so that I had it available as a reference. Maybe I should make a thread - I was going to, but we had a few at once so I decided to wait. It's been a while now!

And you get a mention as you were first to post the "U2's history if I had my way" thing here!

phillyfan26 said:
I've actually created one of the "alternate history" things myself. I quite like it, actually. I released more live tracks, changed up the release of singles, and have renamed a couple of albums. All that plus, you know, the normal stuff, changing tracklists, making some B-sides A-sides and vice versa, picking when to do video releases.

Quite involved, I have to say. :wink:

Mine adds a couple of albums/EPs, changes some names, has a stack of live stuff, a bunch of gigantic re-issues ... it is beyond "quite involved". :lol:

Axver said:

I did put it on LiveJournal so that I had it available as a reference.

I started looking for it and then gave up upon noticing your large amounts of posts.

I think I made a LiveJournal once. I forget.

phillyfan26 said:

I started looking for it and then gave up upon noticing your large amounts of posts.

I think I made a LiveJournal once. I forget.

:lol: You won't find it on my main one anyway - I made an alternate account to avoid clutter.

It's been so long since the last "U2's history if I had my way" that I might as well make a thread. Why the hell not?

(Though in light of the new JT re-release material, some tweaks to my history could be in order ...)

Yeah, I think I stopped mine at How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, as I realized I had my work cut out for me.

Just looking at mine now, I'm still pretty happy with my version of the JT album and its singles. The newly released songs would certainly help my re-release of JT though (which I had happen in March 2007).

The 2x Promenade is a great idea, mainly because this is my fav U2 song ever, and Unforgettable Fire my fav U2 album ever :drool: :drool:

And just a suggestion: I would try Bass Trap in the end

Last edited:
It's been so long since I did that.... I was nonexistent on here for like a year!

Axver said:

:lol: You won't find it on my main one anyway - I made an alternate account to avoid clutter.

It's been so long since the last "U2's history if I had my way" that I might as well make a thread. Why the hell not?

(Though in light of the new JT re-release material, some tweaks to my history could be in order ...)

Would love to see the tracklisting!

The Three Sunrises is my all time favorite track from Unforgettable Fire, I don't know but it just makes me happy. It should of definetly been on the real album :( but i guess its too much of a happy pop song...

Back
Top Bottom