The Power of Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
I had known about this but wasn't aware that it was posted U2.com...

referring to Discoteque:

"The track appeared on U2's album Pop and was performed live for the first time during the PopMart tour opener in Las Vegas on April 25, 1997. On October 26, 1996 a 30-second snippet of Discotheque, taken from a promotional EPK, was released on the Internet by Hungarian fan Martin. On December 27th, the full MP3 was available on fan site Interference.com. These premature releases of the first single from the upcoming album and airplay of the Internet releases by radio stations around the world moved up the official radio airplay date."

Could you arrange something like that for the new album Elvis?
biggrin.gif

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Originally posted by Dorian Gray:
Could you arrange something like that for the new album Elvis?
biggrin.gif

I really don't mean to bring up old stories... but don't forget POP was here in its entirety, over a month prior to release...

For ATYCLB, Interference got to be the first to officially announce the album title to the world... and the album happened to 'appear' in the middle of the night on a certain other website...

So for the next album, I can't promise anything, you know, we'll just have to wait and see
wink.gif

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

well, all the real U2 nuts are out here
so my guess is that this is most likely to be the place where you'll get to know/hear things first about the upcoming album

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Interference is the most awesome U2 community out there! Thanks everyone!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Thanks for reminding me why I spent so much time here last year. I almost forgot how exciting things were when ATYCLB was leaked. So much so that it inspired me to start my site.

Unfortunately, I haven't spent so much time here the past several months. There were too many nasty and empty threads, and it wasn't the same. I hope we can relive the excitement of last year when the new album is ready to come out. And I'll try to ignore those other threads.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:
hey, are you talkin' 'bout ME??
biggrin.gif

bwahahaha...
wink.gif

Disco...yeah, I'm tipsy, so sue me

Well maybe I was talking about you...
biggrin.gif

------------------
And I felt like a star...

The more I learn about Elvis and his website, the more clout I am begginning to realize he has.

Now can we please change my status?
Thank You-

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Back
Top Bottom