the photoshoot locations with Corbijn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
In Portugal, they took pictures in a pool, a discotheque and an industrial area.

Think any of this is a hint on the new sound?
The last two locations reminded me of the AB booklet pics, and would go well with all the guitar talk.

But, that blue/violet? jacket thingy Bono was wearing looks like they're making a crooning, Sinatra-like album. ;)

Last edited:
U2girl said:
But, that blue/violet? jacket thingy Bono was wearing looks like they're making a crooning, Sinatra-like album. ;)

I don't think that the color of this jacket realy matters... with Corbijn's style the pictures will be black&white or black&blue&white or black&brown(?)&white...

...don't forget that he is one of the best photographers.... even a clown would look "cool" on his photos...:wink:

Why wear a jacket of that pretty color and then have black and white pics? I will be disappointed if there are no color pics.

:lol: Lots of echoes, then!

I don't know, I have a feeling we will get another flashy, color-filled cover.
(I just remember though: discotheque+Jacknife Lee producing = another POP on our way?)

Speaking of Corbijn, is he making a book on U2 on his own, or is he contributing to the "In the name of love:U2 by U2" official book planned for next year?

U2girl said:
In Portugal, they took pictures in a pool, a discotheque and an industrial area.

Cool, I think that the decadent and empty pool and the industrial area have a very good rock n' roll feel, very dirty and cool!!! I like it a lot, hopefully the pictures will be in colors!!! Don't know about the discoth?que thing, but it will probably look good too!!!

Re: Re: the photoshoot locations with Corbijn

TheBrazilianFly said:

Cool, I think that the decadent and empty pool and the industrial area have a very good rock n' roll feel, very dirty and cool!!! I like it a lot, hopefully the pictures will be in colors!!! Don't know about the discoth?que thing, but it will probably look good too!!!

To let you know, the disco is basically an old warehouse in Lisbon docks recovered for a night club, so all its surrondings are very docks style with warehouses, containers, lifters, boats coming in and out and so on, also very cool for rock n'roll photos.

Re: Re: Re: the photoshoot locations with Corbijn

bedouin fire said:

To let you know, the disco is basically an old warehouse in Lisbon docks recovered for a night club, so all its surrondings are very docks style with warehouses, containers, lifters, boats coming in and out and so on, also very cool for rock n'roll photos.

Great, thanks for leting me kow. I guess this mean this record is really raw!!! I love places like those where they are taking their pictures. Industrial stuff looks really good in that fucked up kind of way. :up:

I hate that we're actually having to resort to CD sleeve photo locations to find out about the album :|

I don't think it's that silly, ZigZag. The photos can give away the contents due to being designed to relate. Just take the example from All That You Can't Leave Behind, with photos in the airport, a place of coming and going, arrivals and departures, leaving people and things behind and taking stuff with you.

For now, my thoughts on what the current locations might mean are a bit undeveloped (no pun intended!) so I'll keep quiet. Also, what proof do we have that this is/will be the only photo shoot?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom