The PERFECT Tracklisting!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murray

Acrobat
OK, I know there have been thousands of threads about the tracklist, but I have come up with the PERFECT tracklist. Please listen to the album in this order, and you will see that it leaves a much bigger impact!!!

1. Love And Peace Or Else
2. City Of Blinding Lights
3. Vertigo
4. Miracle Drug
5. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
6. All Because Of You
7. A Man And A Woman
8. Original Of The Species
9. Crumbs From Your Table
10. One Step Closer
11. Yaweh

hmmm.....in theory, it looks interesting. i'll give it a try.

i never thought of it, but LAPOE actually sounds like it would be a good opener.

actually, the only thing i would switch is

2. Vertigo
3. City Of Blinding Lights

mikal said:
hmmm.....in theory, it looks interesting. i'll give it a try.

i never thought of it, but LAPOE actually sounds like it would be a good opener.

yeah, I think it'd be a killer opener, with the long synth intro and such, very 90's U2... imagine Love and Peace Or Else to Vertigo. I think that'd be pretty boss.

I'll have to try this proposed track order after I finish listening to it in the real track order :D sounds like it could be pretty good though having Sometimes fifth one in is a little risky, the ballads are always so perfect at #3...

I think it's perfect to end the first side of the record with SYCMIOYO

I kind of like Love and Peace as an opener! Pretty good. I've been experimenting with tracklisting as well and I've found that One Step Closer precedes Sometimes really well.

When we hear Mercy and Fast Cars it will be interesting to see if they would have merged with the album..weren't both originally going on the album, or was it just Mercy? I say that because in some article it said the album was originally about an hour long?:eyebrow:

Fast Cars may have been on the album at first, but I think they slated it as a bonus track before they cut Mercy... Fast Cars IS technically on the album, you just have to live in the right place :p

PERFECT TRACKLIST:

Vertigo
All Because Of You
Love And Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
A Man And A Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer
Original Of The Species
Yahweh

:yes:

COBL is HTDAAB's equivalent to Where The Streets... so, IMHO it must come first !

COBL
ABOY
Yahweh
SYCMIOYO
Crumbs
Man & Woman
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
One Step
LAPOE
Original

In a sense, Man & Woman closes part 1 (like Drowning Man or RTSS) then Vertigo kicks off part 2 (like The Fly on AB). LAPOE is in the same place as Acrobat, Please & Dirty Day.

Just how good is LAPOE? from the beach clip I heard it sounded like it was right up there with the band's best rockers...am I wrong? tell!

Last edited:
ok, this is what i'm actually trying right now.

1. LAPOE
2. Vertigo(perfect 2nd song IMO)
3. Sometimes
4. Miracle Drug
5. ABOY
6. A Man and a Woman
7. COBL
8. Original Of The Species
9. Crumbs From Your Table
10. One Step Closer
11. Yahweh

i don't care about Side A or B anymore considering cassette tapes are so 1988.:wink:

Here's mine. I had a tough time deciding a final version because I kept placing and then replacing different songs, and ended up with more or less the same as the finished version.

I definitely feel though Vertigo needs to go later on in the album to wake the whole thing up and make you appreciate the other slower songs.

1. Love and Peace or Else
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Crumbs From Your Table
5. City of Blinding Lights
6. All Because of You
7. A Man And A Woman
8. One Step Closer
9. Vertigo
10. Original Of The Species
11. Yaweh

Alright these are all great ideas when you start to think about them. Here is my current running:

LAPOE (Awesome Intro and Sets the tone)
Vertigo (I agree blasting second song)
COBL (The coveted third spot)
OOTS (Sounds great after COBL)
ABOY (pierces any notion of the album going soft)
MD (Best transition on the this tracklisting, imo- give it a try)
AMAAW (Transitions well after MD (motherly love, then romantic love)
CFYT (Universal love, Spiritual love)
OSC (A second-half of the album song)
SYCMIOYO (Another fantastic transition musically and thematically from OSC)
Yahweh (Best. Closer. Ever.)

I just made another one. Crumbs From Your Table as the third song following All Because Of You Sounds REALLY, REALLY GOOD! As good if not better than having LAPOE as I had onm my other tracklist. I love this one :ohmy: :

Vertigo
All Because Of You
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer
Love And Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
A Man And A Woman
Original Of The Species
Yahweh

This one sounds really good!! The only thing I didn't liked on my first tracklist was AMAAW after SYCMIOYO. It flows better this way I have now. And Crumbs From Your Table - One Step Closer - SYCMIOYO also flows really well.

Last edited:
Interesting lists. I think people are ordering tracks in an order exactly as U2 weren't trying to. I believe they purposely loaded a clutch of faster songs in the middle as ATYCLB lost momentum quite dramatically. From a commercial point of view first 2 tracks should have been 1. Vertigo. 2. ABOY. Ie, start the album fast.

How about this....

1. Love and Peace Or Else
2. Vertigo
3. Original Of The Species
4. Miracle Drug
5. Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own
6. City Of Blinding Lights
7. One Step Closer
8. A Man And A Woman
9. All Because Of You
10. Crumbs From Your Table
11. Yahweh

chocky said:
COBL is HTDAAB's equivalent to Where The Streets... so, IMHO it must come first !

COBL
ABOY
Yahweh
SYCMIOYO
Crumbs
Man & Woman
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
One Step
LAPOE
Original

In a sense, Man & Woman closes part 1 (like Drowning Man or RTSS) then Vertigo kicks off part 2 (like The Fly on AB). LAPOE is in the same place as Acrobat, Please & Dirty Day.

Very Very Very good! This makes the CD sound very smooth!

The only problem with the ones that begin like LAPOE, ABOY, VERTIGO, is that all the rock songs are stacked up at the beginning and the rest of the CD sounds so estranged from them.

1. LAPOE
2. Vertigo
3. SYCMIOYO
4. MD
5. CFYT
6. AMAAW
7. OOTS
8. OSC
9. ABOY
10. COBL
11. Yahweh

+

12. AYGWF
13. Mercy

See if you guys like the following order--i think it enhances certain songs and brings out the best parts of the album.

Opening with LAPOE and Vertigo make for a strong, unabashed, unapologetic opening, which is one of the things I love about AB. I think Vertigo is too flippant to be an opener, and it doesn't set as epic a tone as the album deserves. But it does make for a good, rocking #2 to finish the 1-2 punch.

Putting SYCMIOYO in the #3 "One" spot following two strong rockers sets it up much better and makes it stand out. MD follows well after SYCMIOYO after you've been placed into a more emotional mood, eg, like how "Promenade's" placement greatly enhances it after the strong and emotional "Unfortgettable Fire."

CFYT carries the momentum well after the uplifting MD and continues with a very consistent sound, as consistent as all the songs on JT.

AMAAW is a nice change of pace and sort of slows things down after CFYT into a different more groovy, soulful mood. The soulfullness turning to pensiveness is well-continued in OOTS. Pensiveness fulminates in OSC.

ABOY then jolts you back into a rocking mood. Transcendence then follows with COBL. The mood of Yahweh continues very well after COBL, not allowing you to slow down after the beauty of COBL, but keeping you forward moving to the optimistic/positive/hopeful prayer which concludes the record.

If you try following all of this high-mindedness with AYGWF it brings you back down to earth with an innocent fun rocker reminiscent of LWASH that's just good to sit back and enjoy. Next play Mercy, and it's time to veg out into a feeling of total, simple contentment and fulfillment.

1COBL (Like Where the Streets have no name, nice intro)
2 All Because of you ( I like it right after COBL)
3 Sometimes you can't make it on your own (classic number 3 track)
4 Love Peace or Else
5 Vertigo
6 Miracle Drug
7 A Man and a Woman
8 Crumbs from your table
9 one step closer
10 Original of the Species
11 Yahweh

I've tried others, but I can't listen to the whole album without having Vertigo kick it off. It sets you up, and welcomes you into U2 World. Miracle Drug is the perfect follow up to it too. It tells me I've arrived safely, and I want to stay for the duration.

The changes I would make, and my reasons:

Vertigo - Says "Hola!"
Miracle Drug - welcome, thanks for inviting me
COBL - ohhh, I like it, so U2ish
LAPOE - holy crap you blew up the city of blinding lights!
A Man and A Woman - oh yeah, can't forget about my wife
Yahweh - can't forget about the Big Guy
All Because of You - back to the punk rock
Sometimes You Can't.... - ears need a break now, this is nice
OOTS - step on my heart why don't you
Crumbs - the only telemarketer I don't mind listening to
One Step Closer - now I feel spent, this is the perfect cigarette

Last edited:
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Love & Peace Or Else
Original Of The Species
All Because Of You
City Of Blinding Lights
A Man And A Woman
Crums From Your Table
One Step Closer To Knowing
Yahweh

Just some minor, minor tweaking, but I like the idea of COBL kicking off the second half and OSC almost like a prayer before Yahweh. And No matter how many times I listen to the correct tracklisting, I still hear OOTS right after LAPOE

Back
Top Bottom