The Other Side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
My thoughts and Prayers are with all those in New York...

But I urge you all to please think about all those in Afganistan tonight. Or Isreal, Iraq...any counrty in danger of being threatened by the United States. I know you automatically think of terrorists...but think of the families that live there--the fear in knowing that because of a few select stupid individuals, your life, and perhaps, your family's lives, may end tonight...tomorrow...

My prayers and thoughts are with THOSE people. Pity they have to suffer for the faults of their comrades.

If I thought that the United States was harboring someone as vile and evil as Usama Bin Laden I would be flying to Canada or England. I have no sympathy for the people of Afghanistan, they know what they are reaping what they have sewn and they have housed this man for at least 8 years, and it was 8 years ago when he first struck the US, and to this day they won't turn his ass over to us. Burn in hell terrorists and the nations who won't help in prosecution.

Originally posted by U2DMfan:
If I thought that the United States was harboring someone as vile and evil as Usama Bin Laden I would be flying to Canada or England. I have no sympathy for the people of Afghanistan, they know what they are reaping what they have sewn and they have housed this man for at least 8 years, and it was 8 years ago when he first struck the US, and to this day they won't turn his ass over to us. Burn in hell terrorists and the nations who won't help in prosecution.

So somewhere in Afganistan, some poor 8 yr old kid and his family will be killed--for no fault of their own--and this pelases u. Lest the day you find yourself in that situation. There are pleanty of things going on in my country (Canada) that I can't stop...to think that one day we could be harmed for it...innocent families have no control over Bin Laden and his superficial grp of terrorist friends.

I don't understand. the USA has not attacked any innocent people yet or said that they plan to do so. Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and even Iran have, as far as I know, expressed willingness so far to work with us in this war on terrorism. if Afghanistan does not take the opporitunity to work with us in bringing their terrorists to justice, then, from what I understand, we will have to go to war with them.
we're not out to brutally shatter hearts and families the way their leaders did to thousands of people here and the USA is not "pleased" about war and murdering 8 yr olds like you seem to think.

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

I apologize for the angry face I must have hit it by accident

------------------

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
I apologize for the angry face I must have hit it by accident

Except that the angry face was appropriate. There are some people who need any reason, any reason at all, to bitch about the United States. To them, and this includes a number of people on this board, there is literally NOTHING we could ever do that would be right. Sad but true.

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
I don't understand. the USA has not attacked any innocent people yet or said that they plan to do so. Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and even Iran have, as far as I know, expressed willingness so far to work with us in this war on terrorism. if Afghanistan does not take the opporitunity to work with us in bringing their terrorists to justice, then, from what I understand, we will have to go to war with them.
we're not out to brutally shatter hearts and families the way their leaders did to thousands of people here and the USA is not "pleased" about war and murdering 8 yr olds like you seem to think.

So, is it wrong of me to think of those ppl regardless? Can I not feel sorry for them anyway? Do they not desrve our prayers b/c some losers are running their country?

did I say I don't feel for them?

I don't want anyone to die, Sweetest Thing and I'm tired of fighting

I was just pointing out that America is not out to murder innocent people and I'm sure our government will do all they can to target those who need to be brought to justice without hurting others

I didn't tell you not to pray for them, I'm sorry you took it that way

now I'd like to go back to being a heartless American thank you

------------------

If I thought that the United States was harboring someone as vile and evil as Usama Bin Laden I would be flying to Canada or England.

Better get on the plane. Henry Kissinger is still living within our borders.

I don't understand. the USA has not attacked any innocent people yet or said that they plan to do so.

They are psychologically preparing the nation for what is to come. They are actually being quite open and honest about it all, really. They are attempting to shift the national mentality away from the post-Vietnam fear of long-term millitary actions and friendly and civillian casualties which would seriously threaten their overal plan. Once that is done, the next phase will begin.

As the adminstration has said many times over the past few days, that phase will be long and will cost us dearly.

Get ready.

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
They are psychologically preparing the nation for what is to come. They are actually being quite open and honest about it all, really. They are attempting to shift the national mentality away from the post-Vietnam fear of long-term millitary actions and friendly and civillian casualties which would seriously threaten their overal plan. Once that is done, the next phase will begin.

So, propaganda then?
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom