The Osbournes replaced by The Bonos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
(thanks Kim!)

St. Paul Pioneer Press
May 8, 2002

The Other Osbournes

By Amy Carlson

It's not surprising that the Osbournes have captured the hearts of Americans. After all, those foul-mouthed Brits have everything needed to pique our curiosity -- a pair of challenging teen-agers, a brilliant mother, dogs relieving themselves all over their million-dollar home and a fried, heavy-metal dad who could be the anti-drug campaign's
best weapon.

Rumors are flying about the show's fate next season. The Osbournes want to re-up, but only if the price is right. If they don't, there are plenty of other musicians waiting for their chance in the reality TV spotlight. P. Diddy? Sting? Please -- not unless we get to see an actual gunfight or Tantric sex session. But here are some stars we'd like to spy on next, and the way we imagine the shows would play out:

THE BONOS

Family: Bono with wife Ali Hewson, and kids Jordan, Memphis Eve, Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q and John Abraham
Rating: PG
Pilot: The camera follows Bono as he continues on his quest to feed the world, write another rock gem and drink as many pints of Guinness as humanly possible.

Emerging star of the show: God, in his first earthly appearance, snubs the Pope and says to Bono, "Yes, you are my favorite."

? St. Paul Pioneer Press, 2002.

------------------
"You know I love you very much - But I love myself as well."
~Macphisto, Rotterdam

*U2TakeMeHigher*
^ ^

biggrin.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

that's funny. you know i wouldn't be suprised if another network station tries to mimmick mtv's success by doing a reality show based around a musician and his or her family. i mean there was already making the band and VH1's bands on the run, osbournes took it a step further by inviting us into their home. that's usually what happens on tv though, networks all copy each other when they find something successful. remember all the friends clones, and more recently the 9000000 reality game shows.

it would be kind of amusing to see what bono is like at home, flopping around in his pajamas or taking his kids out to do things.

so who knows. mtv has offered the osbournes 20 million for another season. i wonder if they took it.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Oh hell. I totally joost posted that.
mad.gif
LOOK BEFORE YOU POST LILLY!!! gah...

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

Originally posted by david:
that's funny. you know i wouldn't be suprised if another network station tries to mimmick mtv's success by doing a reality show based around a musician and his or her family. i mean there was already making the band and VH1's bands on the run, osbournes took it a step further by inviting us into their home. that's usually what happens on tv though, networks all copy each other when they find something successful. remember all the friends clones, and more recently the 9000000 reality game shows.

I totally understand what you are saying (because 90% of the time that is true) but VH1 is owned by MTV, so technically they really aren't copying eachother. Just VH1 counterpart, I guess.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by david:
that's funny. you know i wouldn't be suprised if another network station tries to mimmick mtv's success by doing a reality show based around a musician and his or her family.

I read somewhere (I'm pretty sure in Rolling Stone) that HBO is in talks with Dr. Dre to make an Osbournes-esque show with him.

I heard Puff Daddy was going to do something similar but the cameras would follow him around in his professional life but not his home life...

dream wanderer

Back
Top Bottom