the only snag in the album process is bonos hairline!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

t8thgr8

War Child
the only reason the album is taking so long is because the band needs to get their image straight. i was sitting here watching videos on msn and the image of a new u2 video popped into my imagination. it wasnt good. bono looks way older than a 43 44 yr old. he needs to get more hair in, needs to paint it black, needs to work out lose weight and shave that gray scragly shit off his face. i want zoo tv bono back!!!!!!!! even pop bono will do, i dont want the one ive been seeing at events as of late. edge needs to a> get a tan b> figure out what his look is gonna be this time around. hat no hat, whats it gonna be, edge?? i would personally like to see him in something different like a sombrerro or something. larry is the same old larry and adam, well anyway, we havent seen those two in like 4 years so theres no telling. theyre probably dead and were just hearing sample bass and drum lines from outtakes of material b4 for all we know. they get that chuckie cheese treatment when the tour starts like the mechanical ape. ok im done, discuss

lol.....i dunno if image trouble is the problem........lets just hope adam maintains his look as the "coolest person in the world"

intedomine said:
lol.....i dunno if image trouble is the problem........lets just hope adam maintains his look as the "coolest person in the world"

Of course he will. The man's the essence of genuine cool, not this stupid idea of 'cool' that some people have. I got hit by just how cool he is when I watched the Streets video.

I want to know if Larry's going to change his hairstyle for the first time in more than twenty years ...

Axver said:

I want to know if Larry's going to change his hairstyle for the first time in more than twenty years ...

LOL, dont bet ya money on it.......although a return to the "mop" he had in the gloria video clip would be a treat....

I agree, 20 year old or 60 year old... rock star should always look cool. (I am not not sure if Bono falls into that category anymore)

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Wow, this is the most petty thread I've read in this forum in a while.:huh:

i have to agree. how someone looks doesn't sell cd's. music sells cd's and U2 always has great music. personly i don't think bono looks that bad (i saw him in december when he was in toronto), he just looks his age which i think i perfer to the fake look that a lot of older actors and musicans go with when they try to look younger then they are.

Yeah, do we really care about their looks? I thought most people here were into U2 b/c of their MUSIC, not to argue over how they looked, especially because last time i checked, all we wanted was for a new U2 album, not a new or old U2 makeover

so youre telling me when bono busts out into mysterious ways or discoteque 30 or 50 pounds fatter than when he recorded them it wont raise an eyebrow, get real. face it, he doesnt move around quite like he used to and his energy and stage presence is what makes a u2 show a U2 SHOW. bitch all you want, you know its the truth

t8thgr8 said:
so youre telling me when bono busts out into mysterious ways or discoteque 30 or 50 pounds fatter than when he recorded them it wont raise an eyebrow, get real. face it, he doesnt move around quite like he used to and his energy and stage presence is what makes a u2 show a U2 SHOW. bitch all you want, you know its the truth
Come again? Did you see the Slane DVD? If you compare it to ZooTV, Sydney, Bono runs and moves around much more on Slane. And he was in his early 30s in ZooTV! He actually played a rather lethargic "rock star" in ZooTV, complete with a slow meandering swagger. Going by the evidence, your claim about him not moving around as much as he used to is totally false. If anything, the Elevation Tour provided a resurgence in his on stage energy and performance.

edge's girl said:

i have to agree. how someone looks doesn't sell cd's

hmm, then how do you explain britney spears, christina aguilera, boy bands and all that pop crap? youre saying its the music that sells for them?

With pop artists, looks are more important than the music-that's what sells their CDs. But with rock artists, looks are not what sells, the music is what sells.

U2girl91289 said:
Yeah, do we really care about their looks? I thought most people here were into U2 b/c of their MUSIC, not to argue over how they looked, especially because last time i checked, all we wanted was for a new U2 album, not a new or old U2 makeover

Exactly.

His looks have squat diddly to do with the album's release being delayed.

Angela

Let's be honest. In order to do well commercially, you need two main ingredients: 1) good songs, and 2) a good aesthetic. Both of these are packaged together to sell to the masses.

Britney Spears would be nothing (or not nearly as successful) without her looks, but she probably wouldn't have gone very far unless she had a few very catchy tunes to propell her career, either. I don't think it's coincidence that her last album (or two?) didn't do nearly as well as her far more catchy earlier offerings. The songs might not need to be "good" to the common music critic, but they need to be good to the demographic they are intended for.

By the same token, most commercially successful bands have had great songs, but they've also had the right "look" to go along with them. That goes from everyone from The Beatles to U2. But without the songs, they're nothing.

there have even been some people here that have said they could never get into pop or popmart because they thought the bands look was ridiculous...

What about Edge's hairline? That started going fast in 1984. Nobody ever gave him any shit. Bono will get hair implants or something, and dye his hair again when it comes album/tour time. Don't worry. In the VH1 legends video, Bono looks pretty old, and that was in 1998. But then in 2000, he looked much younger while he was doing all that promo work. But I don't think he looks that bad for 43. He looks better than my parents.

personly i don't think it's that big a deal. but then i'm one of those strange people who buys albums for their musical content. i have plenty of albums by bands who i think all the members are ugly.

edge's girl said:

how someone looks doesn't sell cd's.

Yeah, tell it to Christina and Justin and Britney and Jessica...

That's not to say this thread isn't wacko.

A) C.D.'s I've bought because of the music, while the performers aren't considered attractive to the young demographic:

1)U2 (everything)
2)Simon and Garfunkel
3)White Stripes
4)Huey Lewis
5)Prince
6)Michael Jackson
7)Leonard Cohen
8)Coldplay
9)Outkast
10)Billy Joel
11)Elton John

etc...etc..etc

B) C.D.'s I've bought so I could jack-off to pictures of the artist.

:ohmy:

1)Vanessa Williams: "The Comfort Zone".
2)Neil Diamond: "Tennessee Moon" :| :huh: :wink:

U2 is cool. Their fans know this, and anyone who wouldn't buy the album, cry during one of their songs, sing along to their new hit while driving down the street, or pay a few bucks to see them in concert, because of HOW THEY LOOKED isn't worthy of their or MY time.

I think Bono looks awesome as is. Would anyone prefer he looked like a slight imitation of his younger self? I'm thinking of Rod Stewart or even worse Robert Goulet :madspit: That's a horror show and distracts me from their music and how crappy it's because....WAIT! Maybe it's a good thing in their case :)

Adam, I agree, is cool defined. The Edge is equally as cool and slightly more witty. Larry is a bore; but perhaps he's paid to make the other's look marketable?

i don't know what's more disturbing... the fact that you listen to huey lewis, or, well, this...

neild4s.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i don't know what's more disturbing... the fact that you listen to huey lewis, or, well, this...

neild4s.jpg

Hey, wait a minute...maybe Neil is actually trying to tell us the release date for the new U2 album...

"September morn..."

September it is!!!

I have a simple solution. If you don't like the way he (or edge, or larry, or adam) looks, then don't go to any live shows. Sexy is sometimes more about who a person is, than what they look like. Bono doesn't look like a hot 20 year old cause he's not! Does that make him any less sexy? Hell no!

this is the most idiotic thread i have ever seen in my life. i shouldnt have left pleba where people actually have nice things to say about the band in whose fan site we are on. who the hell says that bono is fat and old now? has anybody SEEN him lately??? hes lost a ton of weight and looks great. either way a concert by U2 is wonderful because of the magic it produces for their fans. not because bonos hairline is looking good. hes a sex god whether hes 30 or 300 and i think bashing the band were here to enjoy and talk nicely about is really stupid. were all entitled to our opinions but there are better ways to say what you think besides calling bono a pig and saying that their album is taking a while because he is getting older. maybe its taking a while because they are nice enough to stop and talk to their fans when theyre outside the studio.or because bono cares about the world. or maybe....just maybe for once they dont want to have to rush to put out a friggin album!

Who the hell cares what the band looks like. Memo to U2 fans Bono is in his mid 40's and he does look a little older. I don't think U2 is selling its image. ITS ALL ABOUT THE TUNES...but Adam does look like the coolest person in the world.

hey, bratty-cat, you are a fucking moron. this thread is a half year old. why did you dig this up? i started this thread as a suggestion that the album was delayed because maybe bono needed more implants before he gets put in the public eye again and maybe the band needed a new image like they always seem to get before a new era starts. so thanks for bringing up old shit and go find some more old threads to dredge up, asshole

My only concern with the bands look (sine U2 is the coolest looking band of this generation due to the fact that it was the coolest of the last generation) is that Adam hopefully dyes his hair. I don't particularly think Adam looks that great on stage if he looks older than my dad.

But with U2, it's not an issue.

t8thgr8 said:
hey, bratty-cat, you are a fucking moron. this thread is a half year old. why did you dig this up? i started this thread as a suggestion that the album was delayed because maybe bono needed more implants before he gets put in the public eye again and maybe the band needed a new image like they always seem to get before a new era starts. so thanks for bringing up old shit and go find some more old threads to dredge up, asshole

Personal attacks (including name-calling) are not allowed here. Please refer to the FAQ.

geeze, if i knew how old this was maybe i wouldnt have ranted! i still think bonos hair is a stupid reason for an album delay, but we are all getting a little antsy for the new album so lets just try to be nice!! :D please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom