The one song you wish U2 would 'cover'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Imagine - John Lennon
They could probably do just about any Beatles song.
Rosalita - Bruce Springsteen
People are Strange - I could see as a snippet somewhere.
I think they could have fun with a few INXS songs.

JCOSTER said:
Imagine - John Lennon

Have you heard the "Never Tear Us Apart" snippet at the end of All I Want is You from PopMart Mexico?

Amazing stuff :up:

Instant Repeater '99 -The Soundtrack of Our Lives

No real reason, other than I would die in a drool puddle and I'm okay with that.
It'll never hapen, but I'd like to think it will.

River in Reverse from the new Allen Toissaint/Elvis Costello album of the same name. Bono could do wonders with this song, and Edge the same.

a chris isaak song...maybe umm...wicked game but I know the sound just wouldn't fit//

LemonMacPhisto said:

Have you heard the "Never Tear Us Apart" snippet at the end of All I Want is You from PopMart Mexico?

Amazing stuff :up:

Actually, I haven't heard anything from Mexico PopMart? But at least I was on the right track. :wink:

gman said:

I rekon The Boss's Stolen Car would suit U2 down to the ground.

My FAVORITE Boss song of all time! And I think U2 could pull it off. Something in the vein of how they did RTSS for Rattle and Hum, the movie.

This may be sacrilege (since some songs should just never be covered because they're perfect as is), but how about "How To Disappear Completely" by Radiohead. Bono lulling "I float down the Liffey". It's PERFECT!

This is a funny topic!
Whole lotta love ,great pic
What about Crazy Train?or The dream police.
Iknow..V.H Ain't talking bout love. I always thought Eddie Van Halen's solo in that song was Edge inspired.

I would like the following

don't dream its over-crowded house
writing to reach you-travis

shart1780 said:
Yes - Close to the Edge

or

Genesis - Supper's Ready

:wink:

On a more realistic note, something from Peter Gabriel would be great and seem pretty fitting. Solsbury Hill would be GREAT before or after Streets. I'd also love to hear Blood of Eden or Washing of the Water.

Washing of the water would be interesting since it has the falsetto bit in it :hmm:

Sweet Thing--Van Morrison (ahem)(or anything from Astral Weeks)
or
Elderly woman behind the counter--Pearl Jam
(tho Indifference is great too)
or
Take you on a cruise--Interpol

"We Didn't Start the Fire" Billy Joel (a very political song)
"Brilliant Disguise" Bruce Springsteen (AB-type lyric)
"The Rising" Bruce Springsteen
"Fantastic Place" Marillion
"The Difficult Kind" Sheryl Crow (I'd like to hear U2 cover a female-song)

JCOSTER said:
Imagine - John Lennon

I absolutely agree, I think they would enjoy to try to make a new version of INXS's Never Tear Us Apart, Mistify, Need you Tonight, Devil Inside, Disseapear, Listen like thieves and I would be soo curious of their version of Born in the USA by the Boss , as well!!:wink:

I suppose, they would make a good version of We can work it out, A hard day's night, She loves you, Hey, Jude..by the Beatles... I do appreciate their version of Help! :)

Last edited:
What about Mary J Blige's 'One'... They could do a beautifully understated version of it with normal vocals..

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom