The one song that EVERY U2 fan loves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maycocksean

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
It's so easy to talk about the "worst U2 song" or the worst "U2 album." It's easy to talk about the best too.

But what I'm curious about, is if there is any song that is universally loved on Interference. Is there a song we can all agree on. I'm not tallking about "love" or "this is my favorite song of all time." I just mean a song you don't hate.

I was browsing the "Songs U2 should be ashamed of thread" and so many songs were listed including a lot of very popular songs. So I wondered if there was a song--just one--that wouldn't make that list.

So the idea is you put your submission out here, and we see how long it takes before someone bashes it off the list (and please, folks don't bash just to be difficult). I don't know when the "end" will be, whenever people stop posting I guess. Can ANY U2 song make it through the gauntlet?

Here's my submission:
"Where the Streets Have No Name"

I've been thinking about this all day. Then the answer just came to me..in a dream...and it was so obvious...i couldn't believe i hadn't thought of it before...and the answer was.....

....United Colours Of Platonium.

I think With Or Without You is the most recognizable, catchy, and brilliant (all wrapped into one) song U2 has.

Isn't this somethin for a poll?! That would be much easier to count.

I would go for Where the streets have no name

streeeeeets :drool:

poll would be good, but some people may say songs that arent on the list, maybe something the poll creator didnt think of...sooo i dunno

With Or Without You :drool:

From the album (CD) that woke the world to U2 and this track is just so dateless.
The video is another story…………..

I would say Streets or With or Without You or Bad or Pride or Sunday Bloody Sunday or I Will Follow or Mysterious Ways. I suggest these as they dont seem to have been bashed on the quite ridiculous lets bash U2 songs/ashamed of thread!

Where The Streets Have No Name. I don't think I've ever seen it bashed.

We can disqualify With Or Without You now, as I've seen doctorwho say less than complimentary things about it on this very forum. And elsewhere, I've seen Bad ridiculed, with people mocking The Edge in statements such as "two notes and he calls himself The Edge? Of boredom?"

CKONE said:
I would say Streets or With or Without You or Bad or Pride or Sunday Bloody Sunday or I Will Follow or Mysterious Ways.

Let me take some of these out of contention.

WOWY and Bad: see above.
Pride: Liamcool HATES it. And I mean HATES. With the passion of 10,000 lightbulb suns.
I Will Follow: Meh. I enjoy it, but I don't love it.
Mysterious Ways: Blah, more Achtung. Away with it!

Not sure I've seen SBS slagged, though. Nor New Year's Day, for that matter. So maybe they can join Streets?

Though I'd argue there's always someone out there who'll hate a song, no matter how good it is.

Axver said:
Where The Streets Have No Name. I don't think I've ever seen it bashed.

We can disqualify With Or Without You now, as I've seen doctorwho say less than complimentary things about it on this very forum. And elsewhere, I've seen Bad ridiculed, with people mocking The Edge in statements such as "two notes and he calls himself The Edge? Of boredom?"

Let me take some of these out of contention.

WOWY and Bad: see above.
Pride: Liamcool HATES it. And I mean HATES. With the passion of 10,000 lightbulb suns.
I Will Follow: Meh. I enjoy it, but I don't love it.
Mysterious Ways: Blah, more Achtung. Away with it!

Not sure I've seen SBS slagged, though. Nor New Year's Day, for that matter. So maybe they can join Streets?

Though I'd argue there's always someone out there who'll hate a song, no matter how good it is.

So in the running are Sunday Bloody Sunday, Streets and New Years Day!

Fancy discounting I will Follow:tsk: :eyebrow: :wink: :lol:

Streets---and I'd say that for the whole daggone world. I can't even imagine people who hate U2 saying that Streets sucks

Utoo said:
Streets---and I'd say that for the whole daggone world. I can't even imagine people who hate U2 saying that Streets sucks
while i agree with you, i have heard my friends saying such things:tsk: (most of my friends have horrible music taste, even for teenagers) they say his voice sucks and when he sings "where the streets have no name" he is showing crappy lyrics and repeditiveness. Only then i have to explain what the word Chorus in a song means.:tsk:

but, anyway i still have to say...

Streets

U2vertigofly said:

while i agree with you, i have heard my friends saying such things:tsk: (most of my friends have horrible music taste, even for teenagers) they say his voice sucks and when he sings "where the streets have no name" he is showing crappy lyrics and repeditiveness. Only then i have to explain what the word Chorus in a song means.:tsk:

but, anyway i still have to say...

Streets

U2vertigofly, I'm very disappionted. :tsk:

:wink:

Utoo said:

U2vertigofly, I'm very disappionted. :tsk:

:wink:
:yikes: what did i do!?!:wink:

i'm just trying to bring good music to my friends and all i can see is good coming from that:yes: but it is not working so far:( except on 5 of them:hyper: so there is hope for the future of music:rockon::wink:

fly so high! said:
Where the streets have no name

probs my most hated u2 song along with pride lol.
with or without you :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom