The one song that EVERY U2 fan loves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Streets is stellar live. I confess I don't listen to the album version of it much, but it's always one of my favorites live. Bad is my all-time favorite, but I could see how some might not like it.

I confess that I really don't like many of the "popular" U2 songs. If they never played Pride again, I wouldn't be the least bit upset. I feel like With Or Without You has lost some of its spark, too (though Bono singing it right in front of me in Buffalo made me enjoy it :drool: ).

Bono's shades said:
I don't think I've ever heard anyone knock Streets or Sunday Bloody Sunday.

i have and some others have lol.

i think when people think of u2 generally they think of SBS and streets.

cant stand streets personally

Streets and Bad.

Among my friends I'm known as the U2 nut. My friends and I all grew up on 106.7 KROQ music and out here in Southern California U2 are HUGE on KROQ. And all my other friends, though not a crazed fan like I am, love Streets and Bad.

So I'm just going from my own personal experience of people I know.

streets dosent really do it for me, i love sunday bloody sunday, but ive never seen anyone bashing beautiful day, so thats my vote-Sunday bloody Sunday and Beautiful Day

vaz02 said:

cant stand streets personally

did you join just to ruin the theory that Streets is the most universally loved U2 song? :wink:

if not Streets, then...New Year's Day, maybe? SBS might be too political for some people. Then again, so would NYD, but people might not know what that song's about. I dunno. I think it's funny that we can't all agree on even one song to like!

maybe we're all looking in the wrong places. maybe it's a song that isn't a big hit but is popular on the forum, like Dirty Day, for instance.

I've always said that for the most part Streets is probably the most popular U2 song amongst their fans, though of course that does not mean there are not some out there who don't like it.

No one is ever going to agree 100% on something, sad fact of life

anway, yeah Streets would be my vote.

I can't say that I've always been a huge fan of Bad, but I'm coming around

I agree with Streets. I believe that the number of fans that doesn't like it is very short.
Maybe Bad and Love Is Blindness can be considered too. Never heard anyone diss these two...

I and I in the said:
I've never read anyone diss One Tree Hill.

Check out the thread "Songs U2 should be ashamed of." One Tree Hill is listed.

So here's where we stand, four pages in.

Streets is officially off the list thanks to vaz02. For a song to qualify, it can't be bashed. (Of course, I assumed at the outset of this thread that there will always be someone who doesn't like asomething--sometimes if only to be contrary, but I was curious as to what songs were less likely to be bashed, which ones might actually survive thousands of varied tastes).

Bad is out as well.

I'm personally taking out "Until the End of the World." I never cared much for that song at all.

Let me clarify that only self-described "U2 fans" count in this discussion. People who don't like U2 can't be expected to like any of their music really.

Still safe based on the responses so far:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Fly
New Years Day
I Will Follow
Angel of Harlem
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Running to Stand Still
Dirty Day
Beautiful Day

Can anyone--honestly, now folks--knock any of these songs mentioned so far, and uncurrently unbashed, off the list? Keep in mind that getting tired of a song you listened to too much doesn't count. To take a song off the list you have to actively hate it, to think that it SUCKS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom