The official 'we love "When I Look At The World"' thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The official -We love "When I Look At The World"- thread.

I love this song. It's possibly one of my favourites off 'All That You Can't Leave Behind', I can't remember ANY U2 song sounding like this!

The really simple yet sweet backing loop that comes in just after the intro and continues through the verses is just fantastic, the guitar is superb and the lyrics are fine as well! I think it's time one of U2's best got a bigger mention here! I'm saddened it's so overlooked!

discuss.

Last edited:
Thank god! I was worried I was a minority there!!! :huh:

ALSO-.....that GUITAR SOLO!!! :drool:

tiny dancer said:
This is also my favorite track on the album.

mine too.:)

and my littliest girl's.

When she was 6 years old she would say-
"Daddy can we hear the atmosphere song again"?

People find all kinds of things
That bring them to their knees

I see an expression
So clear and so true
That changes the atmosphere
When you walk to the room

Last edited:
diamond said:
When she was 6 years old she would say-
"Daddy can we hear the atmosphere song again"?

Hahahaha! That's the best thing I've read all day!

I like this song, too. I love the ending. The last two lines are among my favorite lyrics ever.

This song is easily in my top ten all-time favorites, I just love it. "The atmosphere song" is a good description of it. Is it the Boston DVD that has some of the music from this song playing while you view the menus? Or Slane? Either way I think it works beautifully.

We had a thread about this song awhile back and I was kinda surprised that some fans find the song really cheerful and uplifting because to me it's really melancholy and gloomy, and kind of bitter at times, especially the verse with "I think of you and your holy book". :shrug:

"When I Look at the World" is a brilliant song off a brilliant album. Whenever I've had a tiring day I go home and relax to this song. I love the part when he sings "I can't wait any longer a can't wait till I'm stronger" :yes:

I'm starting to love ATYCLB more and more :ohmy: :happy:

blahblahblah said:

Hahahaha! That's the best thing I've read all day!

From this:

3439%3A52%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2323%3D8%3A%3B%3D368%3D32328%3A%3B277%3C85nu0mrj

:hug:

to this:

3439%3A52%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D964%3D8%3B5%3D32329647%3C44%3B8nu0mrj

Now she says.."C'mon Dad get your flabby ass outta bed" :angry:

:ohmy: :wink:

I thought it was boring the first hundred or so times I heard it, but it's grown on me.

neutral said:
Here's a remix of the song called All Kinda of Chaos that you guys might be interested in, it's done by a fan so I think it's okay, if not I'll report my post. :uhoh: Kind of interesting to hear the atomic bomb part now. :hmm:

http://s40.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=07JNW5TIFP3H81FABNGC4B9JDB

Aah, sweet! I've wanted to hear this again after my computer was formatted a while ago! It's great!

Cheers for the Live Version, outtacontrol!! :D

i love it! especially the part; "i can't wait any longer, i can't wait till i'm stronger! i can't wait any longer to see what you see"

:up: I liked this one from the beginning! It's one of the few songs from ATYCLB that's actually good and not just mediocre. For some strange reason, it's very underrated.

this is my favorite song from ATYCLB. my favorite line is "when your thoughts are too expensive to ever want to keep".

Back
Top Bottom