The Official Grammy Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, Jick, the ovations were because

A)It was the opening act, which usually gets one anyways
B)The other act was a tribute to Ray Charles

Yahweh said:
It was a miracle they are even playing since everybody knows they arent going to win anything tonight anyways

They won 2 awards already Best Short form video & Best Rock Performance (or song). Announced before the show.

Yahweh said:
It was a miracle they are even playing since everybody knows they arent going to win anything tonight anyways....watching those braindead artists on the "red carpet" that was really green was quite an embarasment to the music industry...I am glad we follow a band that has some brains.

u2 already is 2 for 2 with grammys tonight (backstage awards).. still one more to go

Quit singing in other languages, you hacks, that's what the Latin Grammys are for. U2 is better than all of you anyway.

jick said:
Alicia Keys
Los Lonely Boys
Quicky Jones
Maroon 5
Franz Ferdinand

^
All of the above got standing ovation

No, actually the big opening production number which featured all these artists got a standing ovation. If any of these artists had performed individually it is doubtful they would have gotten a standing O.

jick said:
Alicia Keys
Los Lonely Boys
Quicky Jones
Maroon 5
Franz Ferdinand

^
All of the above got standing ovation

U2 did not.

I repeat, U2 did not get a standing ovation.

And we are only halfway through the show.

Bono's voice was in uncharacteristically good and controlled form - no breaks or scratchiness. Perhaps the best live performance of the song so far.

But why no standing ovation? Either the audience have really bad taste, can't tell what a good performance is, or are so bitter because they couldn't snag Vertigo Tour tickets.

Cheers,

J

They NEVER seem to get the standing ovations that they so richly deserve.I've lost count of how many times it has happened .:banghead:
Just heard the audio.... :drool:
Anybody got the video?

I still think it was a mistake to play Sometimes. The Grammy ppl might take it out against them next yr and not nominate them for best album and the likes. Everyone expected to hear Vertigo and as a result you had those teeny boppers mtv and viacom bring in that kept screaming through out the song.

U2 has won best rock song & best (short form) music video, with best rock peformance by duo/group (which has vocals) left to be presented... and the opening performance usually gets a standing o

how can i download the MP3, the best I can do is stream it...i can't save target as if I type the link into my browser....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom