The Official Grammy Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to be able to view this without having to wait another 3 hours.

Nerfherder said:

I know! I don't get why it's not being broadcast live on the west coast as well (since it's being filmed in LA). :banghead:

No shit hey? Oh well 2+hrs and we can enjoy it!!

I don't know if it was me, but that was just a little off. Not sure if it was the mixing or the added keyboards/whatever.

Liked the SNL version better.

Not that is was bad of course :)

Wow ... that was stunning, incredible.

Can't wait for some video of it to appear online.

Alicia Keys
Los Lonely Boys
Quicky Jones
Maroon 5
Franz Ferdinand

^
All of the above got standing ovation

U2 did not.

I repeat, U2 did not get a standing ovation.

And we are only halfway through the show.

Bono's voice was in uncharacteristically good and controlled form - no breaks or scratchiness. Perhaps the best live performance of the song so far.

But why no standing ovation? Either the audience have really bad taste, can't tell what a good performance is, or are so bitter because they couldn't snag Vertigo Tour tickets.

Cheers,

J

loved the hat and outfit, actually.
mixing was a little weird at a couple points in the song
loved the improvised lyrics at the end, with the goodbye to his dad.

It was a miracle they are even playing since everybody knows they arent going to win anything tonight anyways....watching those braindead artists on the "red carpet" that was really green was quite an embarasment to the music industry...I am glad we follow a band that has some brains.

amazing performance... but I'm not buying Electric-Cowboy Bono yet...

what did he sang at the end?.. a snippet from what song?

PS: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH.... Green Day 1, Rest 0 :hyper:

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own = hit single of 2005.

You heard it here first.

That was bloody amazing. Better than SNL. They totally NAILED the falsetto... and just...wow. That song never ceases to amaze me. Bono's voice seemed a bit scratchy at first so I was worried, but...wow. Please tell me someone recorded that, because I need to see that again.

loved the hat and outfit, actually.
mixing was a little weird at a couple points in the song.
loved the improvised lyrics at the end, with the goodbye to his dad. very touching.

jick said:
Alicia Keys
Los Lonely Boys
Quicky Jones
Maroon 5
Franz Ferdinand

^
All of the above got standing ovation

U2 did not.

I repeat, U2 did not get a standing ovation.

And we are only halfway through the show.

Bono's voice was in uncharacteristically good and controlled form - no breaks or scratchiness. Perhaps the best live performance of the song so far.

But why no standing ovation? Either the audience have really bad taste, can't tell what a good performance is, or are so bitter because they couldn't snag Vertigo Tour tickets.

Cheers,

J

the JICK response.... :| :mad:

:|

PS: QUICKY JONES... :lmao:

PS2: J-Ho and Marc anthony.. OH NO!!!!!!!!!

Yahweh said:
It was a miracle they are even playing since everybody knows they arent going to win anything tonight anyways....watching those braindead artists on the "red carpet" that was really green was quite an embarasment to the music industry...I am glad we follow a band that has some brains.
Apparently you are unaware that U2 have already won two awards tonight.

Great performance, but nothing but another chance to promo the album.

The crowd didn't respond to the song because nobody knows it! How stupid! They're nominated 3 times for Vertigo and don't play it:eyebrow: hmmm.. Vertigo would have set the place on fire, but alas, playing it won't sell them anymore records as everyone with a t.v. has already heard the song on the Ipod commercials.

It'd be an interesting situation next year if they're only nominated for "Sometimes"...they'd have to play another unknown song to put the crowd to sleep. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom