The Official Grammy Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget how great Tre Cool is behind the skins...

oh, and they should have put this on right after they had the southern rock tribute

No 1. Awesome performance !!!

No 2. Don't like hat

No 3. No standing O is a joke

No 4. What up Gwen ? u2 let your sorry ass open for them, and you can't even clap for their song? thats okay, when you lose your good looks your done.

No 5. Can someone explain something to me, not that I'm complaining but how can the song Vertigo beat the song American Idiot for best rock song but then the song American Idiot is nominatied for record of the year but Vertigo is not THIS MAKES NO SENSE !!!

No 6. No standing O what a joke, there giving them away like free peanuts at the bar but can't get their fucking asses up for the greatest band ever?

STING2 said:
U2 has now won a total of 16 Grammy awards! Thats more than any single performance artist I think of, unless you combine STING's Grammy wins with the Police's which would be 16 as well.

If U2 win the Rock Performance award, that will put them at 17!

Stevie Wonder has over 20 Grammys.

salim117 said:

2. Am I the only one who sees this or does this album(except 4 Vertigo) not sound good played live! I thought tonights performance proved it. It was good, but not great. And we're used to great when it comes to U2 live. I've heard ABOY,SYCMOYO,COBL, & OOTS and none have sounded great.
Bono's voice was up to the task but musically it didn't have the energy it has on the album. And what was up with the loud ass backing track!

Are you insane?! I thought it sounded GREAT. No, heavenly. Sometimes is just glorious live. Much better than the album version. I don't even listen to the album version anymore because I don't like the half-second falsetto on "SIIIIIIIIIIIIIING." It's better when he just belts the note out for all it's worth. ABOY has a lot of energy live, and Vertigo is much better live. COBL and OOTS I haven't really heard (the TOTP was bad quality and before the release of HTDAAB anyway, and the only OOTS I've heard was the iPod performance). But you know, you gotta give the band time. The tour hasn't even started yet...I'd say they've pretty much perfected Sometimes and Vertigo, pretty good on ABOY, but the others we haven't really heard much. I guaruntee City of Blinding Lights will be amazing live. It'll be like Streets. Original of the Species they haven't really worked out how to play yet, but once they do it will also be great. Don't forget about Crumbs From Your Table - I'm sure that will have the energy of Until the End of the World and Gone. Miracle Drug will be good too... and Yahweh will be a closer of all closers. And LAPOE...man, the whole album is gonna be magnificent live, what the hell are you talking about?! :p

Oh, and on a side note, Green Day rules. Stick it to 'em, Armstrong! And the drummer is hot.

Man, i loved the cowboy hat...a throw back to the Achtung Baby and later, the POP days...totally cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom