The OCTOBER appreciation thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
will Ricky Martin and The Pope be singing?

I showed some property the other day to some guys who wish to open a Latin night club; imagine if we could get U2, the Pope, and Ricky Martin to play at the grand opening...

I love how the album has that "unfinished" feel to it! It's almost like listening to the band jam out when I listen to the album!

------------------
AFLAC!!!!!!

Originally posted by brettig:
yep im just too young to understand...

I have no problem with a celebration though...

No excuse. I'm pretty sure you're older than me and I love the early 80's stuff. Come to that, I like a lot of 70's music.

A Celebration is fun, but I agree, it does sound dated--much more than any of October, to me!

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
A Celebration is fun, but I agree, it does sound dated--much more than any of October, to me!

nooooooo! I adore that song. lol. I keep dreaming of how revved up and fun it would be if they'd play it live.
biggrin.gif
Every time I hear it I want to get up and dance.

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe Pics

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
nooooooo! I adore that song. lol. I keep dreaming of how revved up and fun it would be if they'd play it live.
biggrin.gif
Every time I hear it I want to get up and dance.

I really like it too, it's just the "shake! shake!" really IS a bit funny, and somehow they sound younger than on October.

------------------

-Sting

October was definitely a grower for me. I got October around the time of the Rattle and Hum era, I already had all the other LPs but couldn?t find that one. I must say it did sound weird from the first listening, although I loved Tomorrow and Gloria from the very beginning. Then I found and studied the lyrics of the songs (I need printed lyrics to understand the songs completely) and everything changed and I got hooked. My faves, besides Gloria and Tomorrow are Scarlet, Rejoice and October.

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

the BEST U2 album ever, BAR NONE! Gloria and I Threw A Brick... rock!!

*is a very weary 18

REALLY??!!

Well, you looked older than that in the picture on NicaMom's website!

Hope I didn't insult you--you didn't look MILES older, just 24ish or something.

------------------

-Sting

Gloria will forever be my favourite song.

My first, and best.
smile.gif

I just downloaded a concert from St Pats Day 1982.

I Fall Down
Fire
Rejoice
Gloria.

They're all great songs, especially live.

Do yourselves a favour and check out some '82 bootlegs.
smile.gif

------------------
I'll tell you a story about Johnny McGory.
Shall I being it? Well, that's all that's in it

wow, ya think so? tis a 1st for me to be referred to as 24ish hehe

Well if I may say so, you also come across as considerably more mature than 18!

------------------

-Sting

I love this album; its rawness is refreshing in a way. I also really love the Edge's guitar sound on the album. I think that Beautiful Day and New York remind me a lot of these songs, with the ringing notes and all. High notes for me:
1) Tomorrow - a U2 song unlike any other. Captivating.
2) With a Shout - unbridled catharsis. Sounds like it was recorded in one session, mistakes or not.
3) Adam's hair

October is a CD that I really think is underrated. I remember listening to the whole thing for the very first time and wondering why I had taken so long so long to buy it. This was last November/December.

The whole album really does belong to Larry and his drumming, especially his solo on "I Threw a Brick Through a Window"

I think my two favorite tracks are "Fire" and "With a Shout", but in general, the whole album is good, in my opinion.

------------------
"Yeah, we'll shine like stars in the summer night, we'll shine like stars in the winter night. One heart, one hope, one love."

Scarlet has always been one of my favorite U2 songs. It has that dreamy quality that just puts me in a really chilled out place.

Originally posted by agentorange:
...High notes for me:
3) Adam's hair

yay!!!
btw, october rawks...it's up there towards the top of my favourite U2 albums. btw, brettig can't complain about age cuz i'm 18 too so
tongue.gif

*ducks and hides*

------------------
have a nice day! ;)
royal chat nutte for both interference and U2OL, as proclaimed by sir rafaroni (the mexico city treat) :D
U2: 62%
dd: 37%

-------
proof 2001 simon is bangable:
<Rox> I bang 2001 simon every morning
<J-Tree> you think he'd get tired from being hard all the time

john nude!

Back
Top Bottom