The Ocean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
*absolutely gorgeous intro*

Picture in grey
Dorian Gray
Just me by the sea

And I felt like a star
I felt the world could go far
If they listened
To what I said

The Ocean
Washes my feet
Washes the feet
Splashes the soul of my shoes

:heart:

Same here. The one and only time I saw them live... May 18th at East Rutherford.. they played The Ocean! :drool: But I've always loved this gorgeous and heavily underrated piece of music.

Ive Always Loved this song, and Ive always loved the lyrics, and even the lyrics that are not sung!!
Great SONG!

I loved how in the early shows they played the ocean twice with 11 O'Clock Tick Tock:drool: :drool:

A year ago could any of us imagined that they would play this ever again, let alone on a regular basis?

It is sung so well! It's just a pity that they didn't extend it into a full track. I really like it. But I have been singing the lyrics like this

Picture in grey
Dorian Gray
Just me by the sea

And I felt like a star
I felt the world could go far
If they listened
To what I said

The Ocean's my friend
The Ocean's my friend
Splashes my soul

I love this song

I need a live version of it! (well, I have some from early tours, I mean, a live version from Vertigo tour)

Nothing is better than Vertigo twice! :D

But yeah, The Ocean is ace. It feels like that's where you are, when you listen to it. All you need is some sand and seashells and there you go. ;)

It's also a little treasure during the shows thrown in for the die hard fans, while the HTDAAB fans get up to go get another $7.00 warm beer because they have never heard the song on the radio, or anywhere else for that matter.

I about died when I heard it start.

It's interesting that people like this song, now. Have the live versions this tour changed minds that much? If I'm not mistaken, it's still a candidate for worst U2 song ever in that Survivor thing going on.

Layton said:
If I'm not mistaken, it's still a candidate for worst U2 song ever in that Survivor thing going on.

I don't think it's the worst one from Boy. But it probably got voted the worst because it's so damn short maybe.. and sounds unfinished. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom