The NYC Truck/Park Show part 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono keeps saying this is the First U2 Album.
Vertigo today was played twice, at the start and end
(that is SO Boy tour)

Imagine that happening on the Tour.

gorman said:
Is there any way they could rip the audio for us before then? That's looking like our best shot at hearing the show asap If they need any help getting it online, I'll gladly do what I can

Well, according to the post on my site, "Will trade/torrent before the broadcasted version airs." and that's for the video.

I don't want to "hurry" anyone that bothered to tape it into getting online before they can. Most people know to try and get it out as soon as possible, but I bet something surfaces in the next 24 hours from someone. Plus it was video, and if audio surfaces, it would be better if it was someone that taped it for audio (ie DAT, Minidisc, etc...) as opposed to camcorder sound.

i can't understand why mtv and u2 didn't have this all shown live today, or at least prime time. it would have gotten pretty big ratings, and woulda been great for u2 on the eve of their north american release date.

There was a report on the local CBS news as well

(Streaming) photos.imageevent.com/cardodo/videos/u2wabc/u2nyc2h.rm

Well, being all over the news, is probably just as good if not better than a TRL showing.

Remember, U2's concert specials are usually VERY low rated TV programs. I was surprised that they did the Slane one, after the "Year in Pop" disaster.

The slane one got absolutely noooo promotion at all. Its not U2's fault. I mean, on teh flip side, people generally rate them as teh best super bowl half time show ever, which is something to be said in itself.

CBS News clip via YouSendIt

(Crosses fingers)

s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=9A4CDFFF3758076CFFE55EE5B780877D

BTW, make sure to check this out...it's a short bit of ABOY on the (moving) truck!

The_One1932 said:
The slane one got absolutely noooo promotion at all. Its not U2's fault. I mean, on teh flip side, people generally rate them as teh best super bowl half time show ever, which is something to be said in itself.

yeah, that's huge. Competing with the likes of marching bands, Aerosmith, Kid Rock, naked boobs, and Michael Jackson with dozens of little kids, it's really hard to conceive of anyone topping that laundry list of heroes.

you know what? fuck mtv and tv and all that stuff in general. i'm glad that they're at least planning on airing this thing at some time in the future, although my gut tells me (and i don't want to be suspicious here....) that we're not gonna see the whole thing in december. big brother was at the show, said it lasted 55 minutes, with 2 songs from way back in 1980.
55 minutes - that doesn't leave a lot of time for mtv to sell turdburgers and jessica simpson's xmas album. i'd be surprised if they even give the set an hour's worth of airtime. i'm not sure that mtv believes their audience can pay attention for an entire video (they cut everything short these days it appears), and all their programming is 30 minutes or so, not sure about 'specials'. not sure if they even have a market for 'geezers' like u2 (aside from geezers like me and you all, that is!).
fortunately, i am confident of the fans ability to get our hands on this stuff anyway... i can't wait to hear the audio, my brother said the show was blinding!
it's gonna be a u2 year.:drool: :tongue:

Last edited:
Well, you're probably right. If I recall correctly a lot of those Jams shows are only 30 minutes. So we might be lucky to see Vertigo and possibly ABOY.

Here's the setlist for those who don't want to search through the 11 other threads...

Vertigo (Take one)
All Because Of You
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t…
City Of Blinding Lights
Original Of The Species
She’s A Mystery To Me
Beautiful Day
I Will Follow
———-
Out Of Control
Vertigo (Take two)

I doubt MTV will air the whole show, and I suspect that perhaps they're delaying the airing to promote the announcement of the tour info on or around Dec. 10th???

atikicat said:
I doubt MTV will air the whole show, and I suspect that perhaps they're delaying the airing to promote the announcement of the tour info on or around Dec. 10th???

My parents always pick a bad time to go on Hoiliday..i'll miss the announcment, but will be back on the 15th :).

I made it to the concert, but I only arrived halfway through the show and only got inside at the very last song, so I don't have much to report to all of you.

The most I could say is, everyone was excited, clapping and jumping to the music. When Bono sang the chorus to "Vertigo", everyone would say "Hola! Donde Esta!" At the end, after the band took their final bows, Bono said "We'll see you all next spring!" and the crowd got very excited.

Since I got there late and security wasn't allowing a lot of people to enter the park, I could only listen to what was going on. Yes, the crowd went crazy when Out of Control was played. Even the people standing outside the gates or over near the shore away from the concert were singing along and getting excited. Everyone had a good time, and from what I heard - and eventually saw- it was an amazing show.

Okay WOW!!!

I'm back from the show, finally! What an amazing show. U2 love their fans. They really do. This was supposed to be a 30 minute concert, but they gave an hour and eleven songs.

It was totally worth standing in that aweful line. We didn't know about the whole flatbed thing until we saw them driving up on the truck. Bono yelling out 'Here we come' or something. They were also playing ABOY.

Didn't know it was a video shoot either until the lady on the PA organizing the thing told us. Pretty fricken cool. Man, I'm sooo glad I got off work early today.

This whole thing got me so f'n pumped! LOL I think I was one of the ones Bono was referring to because I was singing along perfectly to all the new songs and everyone around me was looking at me all weird.

It was pretty cool though when EVERYONE was singing along to the chorus of Vertigo. That was sweet!

ok, so i just got home from a shit day of work, can anyone update me about mp3's? actually, are there any mp3's?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom