The next tour - songs you'd like to hear.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball Man

War Child
Hi all. When U2 tour next, which songs would you like to hear? How about dropping some of the standards (Streets, With or Without You)? I'd love to hear a few songs from Zooropa. But please guys, keep The Fly!

anathor time, another place
please
when i look at the world

and since everyone would want that i include myself in wanting to hear acrobat. go with the flow just this one time

Running to stand still, acoustic. Or Bono on piano and Edge on guitar.

She's a mystery to me, acoustic Bono and Edge.

How about ISHFWILF? instead of WOWY....but then again I love all the standards.

I really wanna hear, So Cruel and Acrobat, maybe electrical storm ....or how about the songs they never played live before? (just a thought, although if they never played some songs live I don't see any reason why they would do so this time around....)

Add:

Stories for Boys
Promenade
Indian summer Sky
In God's Country
Exit
Heartland
God Pt II
Ultraviolet
Acrobat
The First Time
Dirty Day
Do You Feel Loved
Last Night on Earth
Please
When I Look at the World
Party Girl
North and South of the River

Drop:
New Year's Day
Pride
ISHFWILF
Elevation
New York
I Will Follow
Maybe Sunday Bloody Sunday (rotate in and out)
Maybe With or Without You (rotate in and out)

Never ever ever ever ever ever drop Streets

First of all, I'd prefer NO acoustic songs. They lack.

Second, songs like "New years day", "Pride", "ISHFWILF", "Bad",
"SBS", "Streets", "One", "Mysterious ways", "I will follow", "Beautiful day" and possibly "walk on" are the reasons that 50% of the audience comes to the concert. Not everyone knows all those other tracks like we do. I think they should play a lot of their big hits. Maybe rotate some of them in and out, but don't drop them.

I hope they bring back a full version of "God's country", "Stay", and "Ultraviolet". Keep the full band version of "Angel of Harlem" too, that was cool. Yeah, don't drop "Streets" no matter what. That'd be NUTS.

I don't think they will drop many if any of what some here consider to be overplayed classics. We are overexposed, we hear these songs all the time and have been to many U2 shows and I understand those of you who want more variety. I would love to hear UF, ASOH, IGC, RHMT, Heartland, Ultraviolet/Acrobat/Love is Blindness but I understand those are songs the boys might not be able to perform live and that's why they don't do it. What I'm trying to say is, they NEED those 'overplayed' songs to keep the casual fan coming in. The average person knows NYD, SBS, Pride, WOWY, Streets, One, and that's why they come to U2 shows. If they start playing a lot of lesser known radio songs or album 'deep cuts' instead of well known stuff, their tours would end up less successful, realistically. Though we diehards who appreciate their deep catalog want uncommon songs, they have to deliver what sells. They are a big money business. Still, I have my wish list like everybody else, and I hope they will add at least some surprise songs now and then. Plus making lists like this is fun, and harmless. So let's do it anyway!

Running to stand still
one tree hill
acrobat
love is blindness
please

Dirty Day
When love Comes To Town(last played in dublin 93)
Running To Stand Still
One Tree Hill
Love Is Blindess
Acrobat
The Fly (KEEP IT!)
"40"
Electrical Storm
The Hands That Built America

Dirty Day
Mofo
Staring At The Sun (Full Version)
Acrobat
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (i doubt it though...)

Last edited:
The_acrobat said:
First of all, I'd prefer NO acoustic songs. They lack.
I thought they sounded great in the two stadium tours, but bizarrely, I agree that they were a bit boring in Elevation.

u2popmofo said:
New songs from upcoming new album

Right, that is exactly what they will do, like all past tours.

New songs + top standards = more songs than they will play in one evening.

Mind you I hope the take a page out of Springsteen's book and up the song count a bit...22 songs is kinda short...

Honestly, I don't see them playing anything off Achtung except for
One, Mysterious ways, Real thing (sometimes), UTEOW (hopefully.) From Zooropa, sorry to say, probably only Stay. From POP, I can see Gone and Please, and the acoustic Staring at the sun.

Electrical Storm
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
All I Want Is You
Gone
Please
Drowning Man
Promenade
Ultraviolet
Heartland
Exit
God Part II
The First Time
Tomorrow

I know most of these will never happen, but I'd be happy if they snuck in a few of them sometime during the next tour.

I've got to agree with everyone who says Promenade. Finish a concert with it after playing Love is Blindness and I'd be in heaven. It's a shame that anything other than Stay probably won't get played from Zooropa again. I'd love to hear Dirty Day, Lemon or Daddy's Gonna Pay.

She is the dreamer.

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
I Will Follow
Another Time, Another Place
New Year's Day
Like a Song...
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
With or Without You
Exit
One
Until the End of the World
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Zooropa
Lemon
Discotheque
Mofo
Staring at the Sun
When I Look at the World
Walk On
Kite
Summer Rain
5-8 songs from new album

Funny but one particular song is not mentioned here but I personally feel that it deserves to be played live again as its one of my all time favourites. Out of all 15 shows that I have seen, I havent heard it live (yet!)

What song you ask? Why its Hawkmoon 269 preferably in its entirety not a snippet that has been performed over in the States during Elevation tour in 2001. A full song would be great! Id die happy if they play it live when Im there! :D

dougal

I'd probably be a minority here by saying Stories For Boys and Electric Co.. . .

Also, a Sort of Homecoming has become one of my favorite songs . . . but I doubt Bono could sing it with anywhere near the intensity he had in the 80s. The Slane performance was a horrible indicator, given that he had full-blown laryngitis voice that night. . . Same with Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses -- from some of the recordings I've heard, Bono sounded like he had trouble with this one in the early 90s (unless he chose to sing it that way . . )

Enough with Bullet the Blue Sky already.

Kick out Until The End and replace it with Last Night on Earth.

In God's Country, and not acoustic. Same for Please.

Red Hill Mining Town:rolleyes:

Love is Blindness, preferably with an extended guitar solo, cos that rocked! And Maybe bring Daniel Lanois on 2 play Pedal Steel as well, that wud truly kick arse.

Please ala Popmart, not shitty acoustic

Miami, with the segue into Bullet the Blue Sky

October - why did they ever stop playing that!

11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Keep the Fly! That's just the best thing in the whole Boston Video!

Drop Bad - its lost all its power. Same goes for New Year's Day, WOWY. But Keep Pride + Streets!

One Tree Hill
Acrobat
The Fly (never heard it live)
IALW (never heard it live)
Unforgettable Fire
A Sort of Homecoming
Please
October
WGRYWH
Zoo Station...
New Year's Day
Zooropa