The next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Do you think that U2 will ever be able to duplicate the success of the Elevation tour again? Not just the 80+ sold out shows, but also making each concert special, and changing up the setlists. It was definately a special tour. Do you think that Bono will even be able to sing on the next tour, or that it will have the mass appeal that Elevation had? Will they try to do a stadium tour? I think that if they did a stadium show in some of the bigger cities, it would work. Boston, New York, Phili, DC, Toronto, Chicago, San Fran, LA.....but I doubt they could anywhere else in the US.

What are everyone's predictions for the next tour? When do you think it will be? Judging all the factors, I'm looking at a 2004 tour.
The new album will probably come out late 2003, and then tour the next year. .

I don't consider Elevation Tour as special , I think ZOO TV was special but not this tour , it was a very good tour , For USA use only .

I think they will , 2004 Spring(arena shows ) summer ( mixed Stadiums , arenas and maybe some special gigs in theatre or open field ) , fall/winter . I hope they will do a Major World tour , not just Rich For extremely rich /$ rule forever , like elevation gigs , tour and the band suffered from that .

I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded what they started with Elevation and what the Stones are doing now. By that I mean coming up with a show that fit into multiple venues. Although I don't see U2 playing clubs as part of a major tour, I can see them playing to various sized venues on the tour. It's just something that would make a lot of logisitcal sense. I mean, playing to an arena with 18,000 capacity one night and to a stadium with 60,000 capacity the next night would really alleviate ticket sales pressure and allow the vast majority of people to see the band. I think this strategy fits the new economic stratgey of touring.

Peace.

bono would have to use his voice more at stadium shows, but if the next tour was to be in australia theres no arena that would hold like 25,000 people.

i also agree that they would do a world tour early/late 2004

it would be great to bring back Mr.Macphico

bono_man2002 said:
bono would have to use his voice more at stadium shows, but if the next tour was to be in australia theres no arena that would hold like 25,000 people.

Why would he have to use his voice more for stadiums? He doesnt, they have a larger sound system for stadium shows. Its not like he has to sing louder or shout for people to hear him there.

I think U2 may look at the success the Stones are having right now playing multiple types of shows (theaters, arenas and stadiums) and explore if that would work for them. My "guess" though is that in the US it will be mainly arenas. Europe could see some stadium shows however.

Last edited:
i guess he wouldnt have too, just thought that it might have....

for anyone that went to see elevation..how much were the tickets??

i hear that they were about $130 for the opening night in miami

bono_man2002 said:
i guess he wouldnt have too, just thought that it might have....

for anyone that went to see elevation..how much were the tickets??

i hear that they were about $130 for the opening night in miami

I was at the Detroit show, I was a sucker and bought the "Gold Circle" tickets through Propaganda - yes, $130 frickin' dollars and we were half-way up the arena. I was not very happy. :mad:

I would definitely do GA if they offer it next time.

Trust me, GA at the Palace is/was a nightmare. I made it into the heart but it was very stressful. I would never buy GA tickets for any show at that venue ever again.

when i heard rumors that u2 were coming to australia on the elevation tour i heard that tickets were going to be a minimum of
$200 upwards!!!

I dunno when it will happen, but IMO it would be nice if U2 did a whole tour in clubs. I really think that the ATYCLB promotional "tour" was great and the band really seems to work well in small venues.

Does anybody else think that Elevation tour could have gone to the stadiums? I mean, who knows when U2 will have as strong first single as BD was - or when the next album comes that will be as incredibly accepted by the general public?

As for Bono's voice - i hope. Already on Elevation tour, on certain nights he sounds great and there are nights when it's just... not good. (particularly it seems that as the tour goes on, in the later legs, his voice seems to be giving out sooner than other tours so far)

i noticed that his voice did deterierate during the 3rd leg, though it did sound alight at the miami show...

maybe if the play one night, next night off and then back again the next night that might help out his voice, by resting it a night
didnt he bono lose his voice in albany last year?

u2 did do 1 stadium show for elevation in turino..it was an pretty good show..from what i can tell on the bootleg
(which is avalible on my site)

I think the next tour should absolutely be a real "world tour". Not just a Europe/North America tour. They are the most popular band in the world, and yet they were constrained, for whatever reason, to playing to a very small portion of the world. I don't understand why they could previously play places like Brazil, New Zealand, and South Africa, yet now they can't. At the very least, they need to hit Australia and Mexico, and try to get in parts of South America. And with all the time Bono has spent in Africa, you'd think they could play a little music while they're there. If Interscope can't realize the potential audience of a band like U2, then they need to pull their heads out of their asses and make sure U2 uphold their status as biggest band in the world.

Foxxern said:
I think the next tour should absolutely be a real "world tour". Not just a Europe/North America tour. They are the most popular band in the world, and yet they were constrained, for whatever reason, to playing to a very small portion of the world. I don't understand why they could previously play places like Brazil, New Zealand, and South Africa, yet now they can't. At the very least, they need to hit Australia and Mexico, and try to get in parts of South America. And with all the time Bono has spent in Africa, you'd think they could play a little music while they're there. If Interscope can't realize the potential audience of a band like U2, then they need to pull their heads out of their asses and make sure U2 uphold their status as biggest band in the world.

Agree. Thanks Foxxern. :up:

bono_man2002 said:
i noticed that his voice did deterierate during the 3rd leg, though it did sound alight at the miami show...

maybe if the play one night, next night off and then back again the next night that might help out his voice, by resting it a night
didnt he bono lose his voice in albany last year?

u2 did do 1 stadium show for elevation in turino..it was an pretty good show..from what i can tell on the bootleg
(which is avalible on my site)

Well i heard the Albany show, and while it shows he isn't in 100% shape, i thought it was surprisingly good for a "no voice" show - a lot better than the Sarajevo show IMO.

Agree about Turino. :)

U2girl said:
I dunno when it will happen, but IMO it would be nice if U2 did a whole tour in clubs.
U2girl said:
As for Bono's voice - i hope. Already on Elevation tour, on certain nights he sounds great and there are nights when it's just... not good.
you really can't have both
either Bono gets to spare his voice and U2 go back to stadiums so they don't have to play multiple nights in one city or they do a club tour and Bono will have to strain his voice singing almost every night

I don't think a band of U2's stature can do a club tour and sell "no" to a lot of their fans
which brings me to the point that - indeed - the next tour should be a real WORLD tour

Back
Top Bottom