The next single after COBL will be...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
didn't he say "it will have to be mixed down to be a single" or to that effect. He didn't actually announce it was a single, did he?

But I do think it will be OOTS, I just don't know if that counts as confirmation yet.

Sometimes will be in USA
All Because of You everywhere else.

As if Sometimes is not gonna be a released as a single in the States.

There will be at least one more single in America. They will be coming Back for the 3rd leg of the tour in the fall, and will want to promote a new single.

Original Of The Species is most likely.

Likely to be All Because of You in the UK I would have thought (similar to how Walk On was released here last). They have a video for it and it hasn't been released here yet.

Another possible is Miracle Drug. They recorded a bunch of songs on a show called CD:UK last year that were intended to be used in the future whenever a single is released. Like how COBL was shown on CD:UK last saturday (from when they played it last year). Anyway I know Miracle Drug was another they recorded back then as if they might have thought it could be a future single.

U2DMfan said:
didn't he say "it will have to be mixed down to be a single" or to that effect. He didn't actually announce it was a single, did he?

That along with "this is the bit where it becomes a hit" during the ipod performance. Bono and The Edge have said it's their favourite song from the new album.

That's enough evidence for me :)

I agree that original of the species will be the next single but I'd like to see Miracle Drug as well

I was always disappointed that Kite didn't become a single off of ATYCLB as that was supposedly the band's favorite song (and possibly the best) of that album

Next single after COBL should be played every night, original of the species is on rotating, while miracle drug is being played every night. I hope it will be original of the species but I think it will be miracle drug.

nurse chrissi said:

I was always disappointed that Kite didn't become a single off of ATYCLB as that was supposedly the band's favorite song (and possibly the best) of that album

Edge said that it was "too slow" to be a single. I also feel sorry for In a little while.

Yay for Original being the single! :shrug: I don't know why they'd have to remix it, it sounds perfect the way it is IMO.
(I wouldn't mind a live version though)

Sorry for Where I put this but it's a bit of a bombshell.
From Breakingnews.ie

U2 set to re-record Pop
24/05/2005 - 15:02:12

U2 are stepping back in time to release a brand new version of their 1997 album POP - because they were disappointed with the original result.

Charismatic frontman Bono admits touring commitments led to the release being rushed and unfinished, and the band are keen to work Pop up to the spectacular standard of their other albums.

Bono reveals: "There is still talk about the band going back in and fixing Pop, actually going in because the bones of a great album are there.

"It didn't communicate the way it was intended to. It became a niche record. That's not what it was intended to be. If we'd just had another month, we could have finished it."

And Bono confesses the band, who are touring North America, made a crucial mistake in allowing their manager to take control of their touring schedule - which resulted in the Vertigo stars having to
finish work on the record earlier than intended.

The stale, dry fart that is 'Miracle Drug' will not be released as a single. They learned not to release crap songs as singles after POP.

Look for 'Original Of The Species', with its sumptuous warmth and melodious hooks, to grace the airwaves this summer.

RABIDLAMB said:
Sorry for Where I put this but it's a bit of a bombshell.
From Breakingnews.ie

U2 set to re-record Pop
24/05/2005 - 15:02:12

U2 are stepping back in time to release a brand new version of their 1997 album POP - because they were disappointed with the original result.

Charismatic frontman Bono admits touring commitments led to the release being rushed and unfinished, and the band are keen to work Pop up to the spectacular standard of their other albums.

Bono reveals: "There is still talk about the band going back in and fixing Pop, actually going in because the bones of a great album are there.

"It didn't communicate the way it was intended to. It became a niche record. That's not what it was intended to be. If we'd just had another month, we could have finished it."

And Bono confesses the band, who are touring North America, made a crucial mistake in allowing their manager to take control of their touring schedule - which resulted in the Vertigo stars having to
finish work on the record earlier than intended.

What an awful article. They imply that the band is actually GOING to re-record Pop, not that they are considering it.

And the bit about the manager booking the tour, they make it sound like Bono meant the Vertigo tour - hence giving the impression Bono feels this album was also rushed.

I know that they don't 'lie' in this article, but it is very misleading and weak.

MumblingBono said:
The stale, dry fart that is 'Miracle Drug' will not be released as a single. They learned not to release crap songs as singles after POP.

Look for 'Original Of The Species', with its sumptuous warmth and melodious hooks, to grace the airwaves this summer.

Oh and whilst I agree Miracle Drug would be a bad choice as a single, I disagree with your good singles after Pop comment.

Pop didn't have the right choices as singles, but no moreso than Achtung (WGRYWH). Meanwhile All That You Can't Leave Behind released Stuck and Elevation, whilst I think Kite and When I Look at The World would have been better choices (though perhaps too heavy, so Kite for Stuck would have been good enough for me). HTDAAB also released the poor All Because of You (Crumbs, even Miracle Drug would have been better).

I love All Because of You and am glad it was a single.

Oh my goodness I want them to release Original of the Species as the the next single and remix it. I think the current mix is definitely good enough, but I'm a whore for new content, especially the potential improvement of OotS. Which is one of mt favorite U2 songs.

Miracle Drug is ok... definitely not single-wrthy IMO. It's just kinda generic sounding to me. Can't put my finger on it. I love the slide guitar though.

Does it really matter what they release? Whatever it is, it won't get any airplay. Original would be big in Europe, but not in America. If they must release something it should be AMAAW. It's the musical equivalent of a chick flick. Therefore, it has a minor chance of scoring chart wise in the States.

Love & Peace would be the smartest move by a mile (backed by a stunning clip).

Put it this way - after Vertigo, none of the songs have done jack. Here in Australia 10,000 copies of Sometimes were given away with the daily newspaper today. Too many manufactured, and it's either that or the garbage bin..... The same fate will fall on Original or Miracle Drug or Crumbs. Too boring for the radio.

Go for Love & Peace. It won't sell, but it opens the album to another market who otherwise are convinced this album is just bubblegum pop.

Back
Top Bottom