The next single after COBL will be...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm always hoping the singles will be the songs I like the least. Case in point: "The Scientist" being released as a single after I had developed a deep affinity for it. Sometimes EVERYONE in the world knowing a song that was personal to you sort of adulterates it.

Here's to hoping for no MD, LAPOE, or Crumbs.

None of the singles have done anything at all.

Vertigo was kinda big, but that was really only because of the Apple campaign. :huh:

OOTS is like Staring at the Sun: it SHOULD have been a number one single, but I don't think they got the right mix on the album.

They should definitely release Love and Peace (or else...) I go out alot and they have HTDAAB in the Jukebox at a bar I frequent and people love it.

I say releasing Love and Peace (or else...) would be smart. :wink:

I - like any good U2 fan - played HTDAAB to all my friends from start to finish one night, blasting at full volume, with red wines in hand.

The girls liked City of Blinding Lights (and nothing else).
The guys loooooved Love & Peace (and nothing else).

Earnie Shavers said:
I - like any good U2 fan - played HTDAAB to all my friends from start to finish one night, blasting at full volume, with red wines in hand.

The girls liked City of Blinding Lights (and nothing else).
The guys loooooved Love & Peace (and nothing else).

Same with me...the guys liked LAPOE.

Anyone know what Oz's next single will be? It will be right before their supposed tour so it will have to be good. I have a feeling its either going to be Crumbs or ABOY. Miracle Drug I doubt will be released, and thats a real shame. OOTS is pretty good in my eyes, I wouldn't mind seeing that. I think LAPOE would work in Oz.

Anyone think Yahweh could work? I read reviews on metacritic.com, and everyone there hated it. Did anyone else hear post a review of HTDAAB? I did.

LyricalDrug said:
None of the singles have done anything at all.

Vertigo was kinda big, but that was really only because of the Apple campaign. :huh:

What do you mean kinda big? It went to number one in the downloads category, and would have been higher on the regular chart if they had legal counted downloads at the time (which they do now...thus Coldplay's "Speed of Sound" cracking the top ten). Not to mention that Vertigo scored them a couple Grammy's. Sorry but Vertigo was a HUGE song.

OOTS is like Staring at the Sun: it SHOULD have been a number one single, but I don't think they got the right mix on the album.

What about ABOY? It hit number six on the Modern Rock Tracks...the only chart that really matters IMO.

...not to mention you're talking about the U.S only...SYCMIOYO and Vertigo were numbers ones elsewhere.
You really are "the glass is half empty" kind of person, aren't you?

Vertigo was kinda big, but that was really only because of the Apple campaign

Oh and I forgot...what do you mean kinda big? It went to number one in the downloads category, and would have been higher on the regular chart if Billboard had counted legal downloads at the time (which they do now...thus Coldplay's "Speed of Sound" cracking the top ten). Not to mention that Vertigo scored them a couple Grammy's. Sorry but Vertigo was a HUGE song, and its success is even more remarkable in a hiphop saturated market.

Back
Top Bottom