the news today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Dorian Gray:
hmmmmmmm

with Eno and Lanois out of commission for the next few years I wonder who'll be producing...

any thoughts?

Whoa, whoa, whoa...why are Eno and Lanois unavailable?

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I'm not familiar with the abbreviation 'row'.

What is it?

------------------
In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

Aaahh...
Well that's a good thing!

------------------
In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

I have to point out that I rock. I got to see U2 on the 1st and 3rd legs here in the States, and I can see them this summer in Europe, and in the winter when I am studying in Tokyo. WHY DO I ROCK SO HARD????

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

Originally posted by notiti:
WHY DO I ROCK SO HARD????

you keepin' it so crunk you're recycling months old threads
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Mr_Phes:
Who or what are these "Three very reliable sources"?

Elvis cannot reveal his sources - but "knowing" Elvis as I do, let's just say I definitely trust him. Now, as even Elvis will admit, things can change - including release dates (especially when one is talking about U2). And if release dates change, so may tour dates. However, if U2 is going to tour Europe this summer, I definitely expect a new album to help push that tour.

*is very excited!

ARGHHHHHH

I got all excited because I never saw this thread when it was originally around, and I thought it was posted recently (gone the past 2 days so I've missed a lot) and then I see the postdate...

BLARGH
mad.gif

Are these dates still somewhat confirmed, at least?
frown.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by Mr. MacPhisto:
Summer 02 - album
Summer/Fall/Winter 02/03 - europe / oz / asia / row
Spring 03 - us (stadiums)

Much as this sounds excellent, this seems to early.

I think it's more likely tour first this Summer, and an album next year.

Originally posted by Elvis:
Well... that's open for discussion I suppose... anyone else 2nd this?
wink.gif

I second the creation of a New Forum for New Album posts & thoughts. The old Where the Album Has A Name should be kept as an All That We'll Never Leave Behind or something...or I guess the same but if you call one Forum Where the Album Has No Name and the other remains Where the Album Has A Name it might look weird. Just a thought.

oh please dear God, let them come to Texas before the summer inferno begins....

wow, STADIUMS again??? I thought they were through with stadiums...anyone know why they have decided to do this again?? Are they just riding the wave of popularity?

Awesome, excellent news!!!!!!

I only wish it was an arena tour, rather than Stadiums. This tour has been the best so far because they played arenas.

Much more intimate than being in Giants Stadium with 65,000 other people.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Originally posted by U2girl:
Much as this sounds excellent, this seems to early.

I think it's more likely tour first this Summer, and an album next year.

I would have to agree. Bono said something about going back to Dublin while the US still loves them...or something to that effect, in a post grammy interview. I think if we're lucky we'll get a Best of. On the positive side, I'm sure we'll get the Zoo TV & PopMart DVD's later this year. Plus, we'll get that new soundtrack tune. My bet is Spring 2003, a new album, followed by a summer stadium tour. Only question is, how will they top Zoo TV & PopMart?

If there is an album in summer 2002 I'll bet it's the next "Best of..." They'd be stupid not to release one now. This is the perfect time. They've just recruited a group of new fans who don't have all their previous stuff.

Plus, according to the Rumors section of U2tours.com a fan who spoke with Edge at the Grammy Awards reported:
"When asked if the band would be doing another Zooropa-like, mid-tour release, Edge said "no" and he indicated the band was looking at taking a year-and-a-half to finish an album"

That jives with what Edge said in the SPIN "Band of the Year" article. Bono said they'd do another record right away, and Edge said they needed to take their time. We'll have to see who gets their way
wink.gif
Should be interesting.

I just can't get excited about a stadium tour.

Oh, I'll go alright, but I'll probably complain the whole time. Silently, of course.

Back
Top Bottom