the news today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Dorian Gray:
Any idea on what type of album? How it will sound?

Havent heard how it will sound... although I've heard that around 20-30 songs (or parts of them) already exist. Some new, and some perviously unfinished.

Originally posted by Mr. MacPhisto:
Havent heard how it will sound... although I've heard that around 20-30 songs (or parts of them) already exist. Some new, and some perviously unfinished.
I am literally bursting with excitment!!

ever get that giddy feeling where you just want to act like you're 3??
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
biggrin.gif

If it's stadiums then that means that they might come to San Antonio again yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay *crosses fingers*

I can't wait to see what it will sound like, look like, and all that
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Yes Dor, its like seeing Santa for the first time, ya wanna rungaround and round the big eejit before hupping onto his lap and being giggly google before he say Ho Ho Ho, and u go So So SO, and he go, 'ave ya been goody good and u go no no, and he go, well 'ere have a big prezzie and ya run and get the pink paper grab-a-prezzie poo and go hectic shite in de shop and scream and run and hide, unwrap and fall asleep!!!!!!!

so yes, I do know how ya feel!

smile.gif

Originally posted by Dorian Gray:
So is that everything you know so far?
Will you find out more?

Everything that I've heard from atleast 3 reliable sources, that I feel confident enough to post at this point.

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
Makes plans for next round of stalking ...er... meeting the band! (I swear I'll do it next time!!)
biggrin.gif
I don't care if they do stadiums so long as they come back!!!! (what addiction? lol)

I know what you mean clarity. After hours of stalking, I mean waiting, I missed U2 both times in Chicago at their hotel. Though I did meet Bono briefly before the october 16 show outside the arena. if they come back to chicago though i'm not giving up until i meet them. if the rumors are true, at least they plan on coming back during the summer so it'll be nice & warm and i won't have to miss classes this time

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Originally posted by mad1:
Yes Dor, its like seeing Santa for the first time, ya wanna rungaround and round the big eejit before hupping onto his lap and being giggly google before he say Ho Ho Ho, and u go So So SO, and he go, 'ave ya been goody good and u go no no, and he go, well 'ere have a big prezzie and ya run and get the pink paper grab-a-prezzie poo and go hectic shite in de shop and scream and run and hide, unwrap and fall asleep!!!!!!!

so yes, I do know how ya feel!

smile.gif

couldn't have put it better myself...
biggrin.gif

Everything that I've heard from atleast 3 reliable sources, that I feel confident enough to post at this point.

cool, thanks!

------------------
And I felt like a star...

yay Summer 2002 is closer than you may think.

These plans are pretty much right in line with what U2 have been talking about back to the beginning before ATYCLB came out, back when Bono and Larry were on VH-1.

And I am one who have come to trust Mr.MacPhisto's alter ego quite a bit with the U2 info he is privy too, so this seems very likely.

2003 is not too long to wait for another U.S. U2 show! It will be less than we have ever waited before since probably between the War Tour and Unforgettable Fire Tour. It's usually two to three years between tours. And albums too, so this is a good speed for U2. Hopefully they will keep up with it.

2003 is not too long at all. I'm going to have to start saving NOW.

And next year for a new album, woohoo!!! Just what the doctor ordered for PED.

That is good news about tours in Australia and "row" too. You guys will finally get some Elevation!

Can't fault U2 for sitting on their laurels, now can you?

hmmmmmmm

with Eno and Lanois out of commission for the next few years I wonder who'll be producing...

any thoughts?

------------------

3 reliable sources? Are you sure you don't mean FOUR reliable sources? Bono, you need to remember to include yourself when you count the number of sources you have.

I say if they 20-30 songs, they need to work on all of them and put out a double CD.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I officially give the finger to the aussies that flamed me when i told them to chill out..and the mod that closed my thread..I wont' mention any names

[This message has been edited by wireman (edited 11-21-2001).]

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Though I prefer arenas way better.. but I wont complain.

biggrin.gif

And I also think the should rest but ah well...

I heard all those things, so it has to be true!

I heard it form mr. MacPhisto!!! (the way a roumor starts)

I will be happy if all this happens, but I'm not hoping too much or making any plans...

Salome: I love your smiley - so cinical. How did you do it?

Originally posted by u2head:
stripped-down stadium tour.
*thinks of Larry*.....

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

Magic magic magic Joe Houdini.....

Originally posted by wireman:
I officially give the finger to the aussies that flamed me when i told them to chill out..and the mod that closed my thread..I wont' mention any names
I think I was the one who closed that thread
it wasn't closed because of it's content, but because of the shitty attitude you showed towards other members of this forum in that thread
Originally posted by Marko:
well, sicy picked several smileys for me to choose from (every mod and administrator has one), I picked this one, Mr. Mac put it up
et voila

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 11-22-2001).]

Originally posted by Salome:

Originally posted by Marko:
well, sicy picked several smileys for me to choose from (every mod and administrator has one), I picked this one, Mr. Mac put it up
et voila

Hahaha, I was wondering the same thing. I was sure someone picked that smiley for you because it's so perfect!
smile.gif

I hope that the album will be different from ATYCLB. They said that they left off a few of the "big rocking" tunes from this last album...maybe they'll make a spot on this album. With them playing stadiums, it would make sense to have some big songs.

------------------
DoctorWho is my bitch!

This sounds a bit too good! Don?t get me wrong - these are phantastic rumors but it seems to be a bit much for just the next 1.5 years. U2 need a rest especially Bono and his voice.

------------------
beLIEve

Originally posted by PopFly:
Whoa, whoa, whoa...why are Eno and Lanois unavailable?

Lanois is doing solo work for a few years so he doesnt want to produce... Eno is simply taking time off if Im not mistaken...

------------------

It all seems to fit the U2 pattern ala Achtung Baby/Zoo TV and Zooropa tours. The only one that seems far fetched is the U.S. stadium tour in the spring of 2003. That would be out of the ordinary. I hope it happens but I'am a little more skeptical of that than the rest of this news.

New album in around 8 months! You cant beat that!

oooh I really hope they come here but the Odyessy isnt that big...they should go and play in Croke Park in Dublin! I wasnt allowed to see them in 1997 as i was only 12! but heh i went to SLane so im happy
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
: and mad1 if they come here me and you can go 2gether
wink.gif

20-30 Songs????

People we may have a DA coming!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom