The News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katey

War Child
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My original thought while awaiting news on the record was we won't hear anything until after the King centre event in Atlanta.. it is a big moment for Bono and I'm sure they didnt want to take the focus away from that for him with all these album questions and hype.. so perhaps one way or another after this week-end.. we will hear something from PM an announcement from the band maybe..

Hopefully a fan will be able to ask Bono about the album and tour.

Well that might just add more confusion! :lmao:

from atu2.com

Update, Jan. 15, 12:30 pm PT:
@U2 called RMP Publicity this morning to clarify the "next winter" statement given to Interference.comyesterday. We were given a new statement: "There is no announcement planned for the immediate future." Interference.com has also received and posted the same clarification.

this suggests that the comment made yeaterday was bogus and taht there are plans to release info about the album but not in the "immediate future". that could mean a week or a month or 2.

MrBrau1 said:
Bono will say the album came out 12/22/03. His comments on album stuff are useless.

Wow, that's some pretty bitter stuff. I guess you'll be leaving this forum soon then, right? I mean why bother now? U2 has definitely forgotten to contact us fans as to when we want an album. I usually want one about 6 months after a new is released. However that isn't going to happen is it?

I mean if you stay then how can you justify the giddiness you'll feel when this new album "rocks" your world and blows the roof off of your house? F' U2 is your reaction to the "supposed" delay of the album so I assume you're getting out now, you know while the getting out is good.

Screw those Bastards, and their flippant remarks as to album progress and completion!!! I say!

bono's comments about new albums usually are pretty useless. he said atyclb was their best work ever and that it had 11 singles on it. of course he is supposed to be excited about it, but does anyone think atyclb is their best effort and has 11 singles? i dont see grace getting much radio play. not to mention how they kept saying they wanted to release a new album rather quickly to take advantage of the momentum of atyclb.

so you have to take any comments with a grain of salt.

Chizip said:
bono's comments about new albums usually are pretty useless. he said atyclb was their best work ever and that it had 11 singles on it. of course he is supposed to be excited about it, but does anyone think atyclb is their best effort and has 11 singles? i dont see grace getting much radio play. not to mention how they kept saying they wanted to release a new album rather quickly to take advantage of the momentum of atyclb.

so you have to take any comments with a grain of salt.

He also said that ATYCLB had "hip hop" elements on it, specifically referring to Elevation.

So, yeah, he does tend to get a little over-excited at times.

Yes! Over-excited it exactly what happens with Bono. I am also sick to death of you people *coughmrbraucough* acting like Bono is being dishonest with intention.

When Bono said that the album would be out in spring and that he was getting in shape for a fall tour, well he fully means what he says! We're all grown ups here and I am sure we understand that even though the lead singer in a band would like very much to control the timeline ... it really is out of his hands. It takes the whole band, producers, managers etc.... to get together and finalize the deal.
Bono is like a child with his excitement. That's why Edge is always in the background doing this :ohmy: :eyebrow:

That makes alot of sense! I bet after the weekend the album hyoe will begin and he'll switch back into rocker mode!!!!

The new single will be on radio on Monday, with the single hitting stores on wednesday!!!!! wooohooo! and it will be called: full metal jacket!!!!!!!!!

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Wow, that's some pretty bitter stuff. I guess you'll be leaving this forum soon then, right? I mean why bother now? U2 has definitely forgotten to contact us fans as to when we want an album. I usually want one about 6 months after a new is released. However that isn't going to happen is it?

I mean if you stay then how can you justify the giddiness you'll feel when this new album "rocks" your world and blows the roof off of your house? F' U2 is your reaction to the "supposed" delay of the album so I assume you're getting out now, you know while the getting out is good.

Screw those Bastards, and their flippant remarks as to album progress and completion!!! I say!

The reason I'm upset w/ the album delay is because it WILL be awesome. The music will be great. Bono gets on my nerves ALOT w/ all the BS he spouts. How many diferent release times have come out of his mouth? 4 or 5? I still remember an interview he did w/ Spin Magazine in 1993, when he said U2 and REM were going to do a record together. Where is it? The guys full of hot air. And he's the best singer and writer of songs I've ever heard.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Fair play, Mr Brau1. I understand better.

U2 are my favorite band, and always will be. But they piss me off sometimes.

To be honest, I'm going on 6 days w/o a smoke. I'm agitated by everything. Yikes!:huh:

MrBrau1 said:

U2 are my favorite band, and always will be. But they piss me off sometimes.

To be honest, I'm going on 6 days w/o a smoke. I'm agitated by everything. Yikes!:huh:

I just had a smoke about 6 minutes ago, and I'm equally as agitated!!! I know that when it finally comes out, I won't even remember waiting so long for it. But now this means that it's going to be a pretty boring summer. There will be the Dave Matthews BAnd tour to go to, but everyone else toured last year and won't be around this year. I was looking forward to following U2 on the road to make this the best year ever. Guess not.

lew07 said:

this suggests that the comment made yeaterday was bogus and taht there are plans to release info about the album but not in the "immediate future". that could mean a week or a month or 2.

They were not bogus. She just decided to change her statement 24hrs later.... she most likely said something she shouldnt have.

people say its out of u2's hands when an album will be released, but, i have a feeling with their power they could pretty much demand to have their album released whever they damn well pleased

Elvis, are you saying that she shouldn't have said that because it WILL be released in the winter, or because what she said was false?
Just asking for your opinion on all this...when do you think it'll be released?

I'm saying... I think she may have had regret in mentioning 'next winter'.

Personally... I wouldnt tbe surprised if we dont see the album till the last half of 2004.

Back
Top Bottom