The "New" Band Aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just wanted to pass along a REALLY interesting article (and aseries of links to other related articles) on the new attempt to redo "Do They Know It's Christmas?" by Midge Ure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3943933.stm

Both Bob Geldof and Bono have given their approval of the effort so far. :yes:

And please read some of the linked articles on LiveAid and Band Aid - they're very good!

Amid all the excitement of the pending release of HTDAAB, it's nice to remember these GREAT events in modern music history.:hyper:

I wish Midge Ure well in putting the new Band Aid together to help the poorest people in the world have a MORE HOPEFUL FUTURE!
;)

I think that it would be cool to have a new band aid but the magic of the original can't be re-created. I would like to see more socially concious artists involved instead of pop stars who want to be involved just 'cause it's the cool thing to do.

Apparently Midge Ure has said that Bono HAS to do the line he originally sang "Well tonight thank god it's them etc....". I think he would be the only artist from the original recording on the new one.

bammo2 said:
was bono on the second band aid song later on in the 80s?? the one with Kylie Minogue etc?

No way, I will assume you are not taking the piss and answer sensibly. The 2nd band aid cd was a pop artists only with crap like Kylie, Jason Donavan (heheheh), Brother Beyond(even more hehehe) you get the point. It was an absolute pile of shite, and NO BONO WAS NOT ON IT! heheheh

Back
Top Bottom