the most rocking song U2's ever done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, there are so many song's to me that are rocking songs. To me I would have to say " Like A Song." The rebellious nature of the music and the lyric's. The drumming is an extreme rush through my soul. Just the anger of the song and the message it represents. I was only 15 when i first heard it, so I was young becoming into my rebel ways. I also agree with Bullet The Blue Sky, it is so powerful annd strong. :wink: :wink:

Rejoice
Out of Control
UtEotW
The Fly
Zoo Station *the riffs :drool: :drool: :drool: and imagining the Fly on that platform in front of the TV screen*
Vertigo i guess *w/o the overexposure plz*
Discotheque
BtBS
Desire *always has me tappin my shoe*
The Refugee has some wicked guitars
The golden oldie Street Mission melts my face off w/ that solo...:wink:

LIKE A SONG

That is the definitive U2 rocker. I love the last 45 seconds of the song, so intense.

ahmedadam said:
I find for you where is Metfield. the google is good for this things and is sayign this:

Metfield is another lovely sleepy mid Suffolk village. During the Second World War a USAAF Airfield was built less than a mile away housing the 491st Bomb Group. Only a few weeks after commencing operations a massive explosion rocked the airfield and surrounding area when a bomb dump exploded killing five men and totally destroying five B-24 bombers.

OMB. you are great. I love you. :hug:

Anyway... I think ultimately for me it'd have to be Until the End of the World. "Is this rock 'n roll?!?!" Hell yes it's rock 'n roll. Even better live, but the studio version is damn good on its own. Other songs that I really find myself rocking out to are I Will Follow, The Electric Co, Gloria, 11 'O Clock Tick Tock, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Like a Song..., Wire, Where the Streets Have No Name, Bullet the Blue Sky, Exit, Desire, Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Discotheque, Miami, Beautiful Day, Elevation, New York, Vertigo, All Because of You, and Crumbs From Your Table.

and that's not even all of them. Anyone who says U2 is "soft rock" needs to get their head checked and listen to all these songs in a row.

early stuff, even demos

Street Mission
Touch
I Will Follow
Fire
etc.

late stuff like
UTEOTW
All Because Of You

they have a lot of rocker songs

Like a Song, Helter Skelter (the way they play it makes me want to jump of my roof in elation!), Even Better than the real thing, vert-i-goooooo.

Back
Top Bottom