The most disgusting thing I've heard...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I had a really long day at school today and I really wanted to hear some good music (U2 preferably!) There was nothing playing on my programmed radio stations so I pressed seek and found WOWY on 103.5 (This normally shit T.O. radio station that deals out dance music 99% of the time)

"Strange," I thought to myself, "How 103 is playing U2." :eyebrow:

Then I realized the song had been 'gino-fied' (had a really heavy dance beat to it). AND if that wasn't bad enough, WHAT was mixed in with it?

Eminem. :huh:

No joke. Where Bono is wailinh near the end, all you hear is this terrible dance beat and Eminem shouting "We need a little controversy/'cause it feels so empty without me." :barf:

First I was shocked, then disgusted, then angered! Why on EARTH would they DO this to such a song?

Eminem vs. U2. "With or without me."

(apologies if this was already posted in a thread.)

OMG that's so terrible I'm sorry you had to hear it. WOWY is my favorite song :( I remember that sometimes where i used to work they would play this hideous instumental version of the song :barf:

Yeah, I found it quite frightening. I nearly got into a car accident, I was so distracted.

What scares me is that I KNOW they'll have some little 16 year old, mini-skirt wearing, heavy eyeliner, knee-high boots, with daddy's charge card and a BMW call up the radio station and declare U2 to be her "New favourite band" and ask to hear their 'new' song.."You know, the one they did with Eminem." And a whole legion of kids will think U2 did a DUET with Eminem. ANd then they'll be U2 fans and take all the tickets to the next show. Tickets that should be mine. *sigh*

I'm bitter.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Yeah, I found it quite frightening. I nearly got into a car accident, I was so distracted.

What scares me is that I KNOW they'll have some little 16 year old, mini-skirt wearing, heavy eyeliner, knee-high boots, with daddy's charge card and a BMW call up the radio station and declare U2 to be her "New favourite band" and ask to hear their 'new' song.."You know, the one they did with Eminem." And a whole legion of kids will think U2 did a DUET with Eminem. ANd then they'll be U2 fans and take all the tickets to the next show. Tickets that should be mine. *sigh*

I'm bitter.

Buwahahahahaha!!!! :lmao:

I do like that song though, I had it d/l'ed at the beginning of the school year. (Or was it the end of last year...dunno...) I think it's great, but not as good as the mix of "Desire" and Christina Aguilera's "Genie In A Bottle". They call it "U too in a bottle" Hehe! :D

Aww come on, these soundclashes are great! I have an excellent one mixed by Soulwax's 2 Many DJs project that splices Smells Like Teen Spirit with Destiny's Child. Works very well too. And Kylie's "official" mix of Blue Monday with Can't Get You Out Of My Head. EXCELLENT track.

I used to have one that was Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle" mixed with one of the songs by The Strokes. It was just about the coolest thing EVER!

I keep forgetting to look it up on Kazaa, but I heard there's a mix of The Breeders' "Cannonball" and Skee-Lo's "I Wish" that's supposed to be pretty cool.

As for Eminem vs. U2, I didn't care for that one as much.

I didn't even know these remixes or whatever you call them existed, let alone heard them. And I hope I never, ever hear them. Call me hopelessly old-fashioned, but the very thought of U2 songs being mixed with Whitney Houston and Christina Aguilera songs makes me want to throw up. And as for combining With or Without You (my favorite song of all time) and that :censored: Eminem - it's unspeakable. Isn't anything sacred anymore? :scream: :madspit: :censored:

That's what you get for listening to a gino dance station. :down:

But anyways, not speaking to the quality or non-quality of these remixes, my knowledge of the following sortof conflicts with what some are saying here:

NYD remix = U2 vs Musique (not Whitney)
WOWY remix = U2 vs Daft Punk (not Eminem)

WEll I could be wrong I suppose..

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

I'm bitter.

Stop making fun of me! :madspit: Just cause like with or without you kind of like got me diggin u2, doesnt mean not to be nice to a new fan! and there's nuthing wrong with driving a beautiful flamin' red bmw 325 convertible when your my age, cause i earned it with good grades and besdies daddy gave me the keys. i'm daddy's precious stone, his littl butterfly, and if that makes me a little uptight then i don't care one damn bit. i may not be the best driver, sometimes i got a head full of traffic and stuff, but i don't care if i wreck it cause daddy's always right along for me :madspit: and he'll pay for my crashed car. :madspit: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom