The main reason I love The Complete U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Well, for Christmas this year I was given the U2 ipod, and my father bought me the Complete U2 set on itunes. Well, I don't want to get into the whole Box set controversy in here again...please...but there is a reason why I really love this set. Aside from the live shows and rare tracks I get with it, This is the first time I've ver heards a lot of the singles and pre-Joshua Tree b-side. The only singles I own are form Achtung Baby till now. But it's so amazing to finally hear songs like Another Day, the studio version of 11 O'clock Tick Tock, A Celebration and all their b-sides. The singles from all their earlier albums are new to me too. B-sides like J. Swallow, Bass Trap, Boomerang, and the two JT b-sides that weren't on the Best Of. All in all, I am throughly enjoying all this new U2 music, when I thought I already had it all :)

Happy listenings,

Lance.

I'm with you on this. I have probably 99% of what was released but they're either in vinyl format or a lousy singles boot with pops, etc. I didn't even hesitate to get all 446 songs from iTunes. I thought it was a fair investment.

And even though I've had a number of them for years, I've hit a second wind in terms of listening to the older singles. Very happy with them! :up:

Yeah, I got the iPod and immediately downloaded The Complete U2. I have most of the songs in some form or another, but much of the older stuff is from vinyl with it's pops and ticks. I wanted the older stuff without all the "white" noise. Sure, I realize that the format is "lossy", but I like it better than the cassette's and 12" and 7" records I have (and can't play anymore).

I got the u2 ipod too. Its the GREATEST thing in the world. I can't imagine a real u2 fan not purchasing this item. The complete u2 is a neccesity, unreleased songs like Native Son and Xanax and Wine are priceless. I also got these Bose noise cancelling headphones which enhance the quality by 200 percent. I reccomend this set to ANY u2 fan.

dobro815 said:
I got the u2 ipod too. Its the GREATEST thing in the world. I can't imagine a real u2 fan not purchasing this item.

I was lucky enough to get the iPod as a gift. I absolutely love it, it has totally changed how I listen to music.
I never would have been able to afford it myself though - and I do consider myself a "real" U2 fan. There are many people out there who don't have the iPod for whatever reason. They are "real" U2 fans too.

lmjhitman said:

I was lucky enough to get the iPod as a gift. I absolutely love it, it has totally changed how I listen to music.
I never would have been able to afford it myself though - and I do consider myself a "real" U2 fan. There are many people out there who don't have the iPod for whatever reason. They are "real" U2 fans too.

Thank you for saying this. I got the U2 i-Pod as a Xmas/Graduation present and will download the box set once I have steady paycheck. I doubt I would have purchased the i-Pod for myself because it is rather pricey. However, I would never call a U2 fan who does not have the i-Pod not a "real fan." I hate the whole idea of being a U2 fan as some kind of race. It really pisses me off.

Golightly Grrl said:
However, I would never call a U2 fan who does not have the i-Pod not a "real fan." I hate the whole idea of being a U2 fan as some kind of race. It really pisses me off.

:up: Thanks.

Sorry, but I consider myself to be a "real" U2 fan and I'd never spend over $400 on something just to be a more "real" fan. :| Dobro, the Complete U2 is not a necessity if you already have 99% of that stuff, often in BETTER quality, AND you can buy one-at-a-time the few newer unreleased songs.

Buy all the old singles off Ebay and I am sure you could get them for a cheeper price. I would love a U2 IPOD but I just cant justify the expense and I have heard all the stuff on their before. But congrats to those that have it, I am sure it is well worth the investment.

Golightly Grrl said:
I hate the whole idea of being a U2 fan as some kind of race. It really pisses me off.

:up: Agreed. Just because someone has more money to spend on U2-related stuff doesn't necessarily mean that they are a bigger fan - it just means they have more disposable income for stuff like that. The amount of money spent is NOT a measure of devotion. We are all U2 fans here, there is no "real".

dobro815 said:
I can't imagine a real u2 fan not purchasing this item.

It's true, I am a shit u2 fan. I'm going to spend over $1000 on the next tour but I will not buy the u2 I-pod, making me as "un-real" as it gets. :wink:

Oh everybody just calm the frig down. Dobro was just exagerating. Since when has everyone in here gotten so serious about every single thing everybody says. He/she wasn't trying to make an elitist fan statement, just comenting on his/her excitment about the product. So just chill.

Lancemc said:
Oh everybody just calm the frig down. Dobro was just exagerating. Since when has everyone in here gotten so serious about every single thing everybody says. He/she wasn't trying to make an elitist fan statement, just comenting on his/her excitment about the product. So just chill.

I agree with you. I'm not sure why everyone has to be so touchy. But to each his own.:shrug:

God.....even when I put smiley faces after my posts people dont see the sarcasm/joking around in it :shrug:

Yeah, no need for anyone to get to uptight, the U2 iPod is an exciting item and a new way to listen to your music collection. I understand and sympathize with those who either won't or can't buy it. It is pretty expensive.

I love mine and I can't listen to it enough....damn job, wife and kids are cutting into my iPod/Complete U2 time!!! :yell:

Back
Top Bottom