The latest on Spiderman the Musical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4U2Play said:
I don't see the difference between this project and writing HMTMKMKM for the Batman Forever movie, except it might include more than one tune.

There's a huge difference - U2 wrote this song about celebrity, then get it tacked onto the beginning of a superhero movie. If you didn't notice, the song HMTMKMKM has nothing to do with the movie. The only reason it works is that it's cinematic and overblown.

What could Bono write that you could imagine Spiderman singing to advance a storyline? Really...I hope it flops, like Rattle and Hum only way worse and so they decide to work hard to make something...um, better.

U2democrat said:
It's not the musical thing that bothers me...it's the Spiderman thing :lol:

my sentiments exactly. why the hell choose Spiderman? first of all, Batman is 1000x cooler. second, SPIDERMAN!?! REALLY?! WHAT THE FUCK GUYS. HOW FUCKING OLD ARE YOU?! YOU GET TOTALLY BASHED ON ALREADY FOR THE AB REINVENTION, BEING OLD , AND (for some strange reason) ALL OF BONO'S CHARITY WORK. WHY WOULD YOU JUST GIVE THEM MORE AMMUNITION?! ridiculous. you could have chosen a slightly more credible/meaningful story. what a joke.

edit: it's not just that you shouldn't do it because the media will give you shit. it's because it's fucking SPIDERMAN. why waste your time and songwriting ability writing songs about SPIDERMAN?!

you know that segment on Weekend Update called "REALLY?!?"? That's exactly how I feel when I think about Bono and Edge doing a fucking Spiderman musical. COME ON.

Last edited:
discothequeLP said:

my sentiments exactly. why the hell choose Spiderman? first of all, Batman is 1000x cooler. second, SPIDERMAN!?! REALLY?! WHAT THE FUCK GUYS. HOW FUCKING OLD ARE YOU?! YOU GET TOTALLY BASHED ON ALREADY FOR THE AB REINVENTION, BEING OLD , AND (for some strange reason) ALL OF BONO'S CHARITY WORK. WHY WOULD YOU JUST GIVE THEM MORE AMMUNITION?! ridiculous. you could have chosen a slightly more credible/meaningful story. what a joke.

edit: it's not just that you shouldn't do it because the media will give you shit. it's because it's fucking SPIDERMAN. why waste your time and songwriting ability writing songs about SPIDERMAN?!

you know that segment on Weekend Update called "REALLY?!?"? That's exactly how I feel when I think about Bono and Edge doing a fucking Spiderman musical. COME ON.

lol.

U2 have fed off of being uncool, so if this is uncool, they have all the fuel they need. I personally don't care that much. I bet something good is gonna come out of it and the band is broadening their horizons. I don't believe everything they've done is golden, but the band has a great track record and can wear many hats. I say what the hell. I've also consumed alot of beer tonight :drunk:

I have to agree with the lol. Seriously, they can do whatever they want and it's nobody's business but theirs. Why can't they do whatever the hell they want? If you hate it don't listen to it, simple. Quit complaining :happy:

Back
Top Bottom