The King and U2 ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocifer

Acrobat
Alright Zoociferians,

I know Bono/U2 covered Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling In Love", MacPhisto would tag a line or two from "My Way" at the end of "Ultraviolet" (in the ol' Zoo TV days), and the band has thrown in songs here and there over the years in live performances. But this is the big question for all you Presley fans out there.

What one Elvis song would you love for U2 to cover in a studio format?

:scratch:

Me? I'd give anything to hear "Heartbreak Hotel".

Imagine that riff done by The Edge, the tight rhythm by Larry & Adam, and of course that bluesy/smokey vocal by Bono. Ha-cha-cha.

- The Zoocifer -

I'd like to hear "All Shook Up," because Bono would sound funny doing it (if he did it correctly :) ).

as a memphian, i think i'm qualified to answer this. :tongue:

anyway, i too would like to hear heartbreak hotel. they did do a song called a room at the heartbreak hotel. :laugh: it'd be nice if they recorded it here in sun studios again, maybe i could run into them. and maybe they'd stay at the heartbreak hotel whilst recording it, and i could just happen to be a guest there too and...i'm getting ahead of myself. :D

so yeah, heartbreak hotel.

"Suspicious Minds" with Edge doing all the "ooooh" background vocals :D

Seriously, I really love this song and am sure U 2 could do a great cover version of it.

anna

I would like them to be given their choice of as many songs as possible from his catalogue.
For myself I would love to hear Bono do one of the ballads, whichever he felt best with and on the other side, I'd like U2's fine fine rhythm section to be let loose with their guitarist to do a medley of some of the rockier ones, again of their choosing.

It might be cool to get some sort of "U2 Allstars" thing going on, with Daniel lanois, Eno, all the road crew, the families and rirscilla and Lisa Marie and her kids. I think it needs to be an album.

just on names alone "edge of reality" or "devil in disguise" could be fun . It's tough to choose one, as always. Best they have their choice. I hope it happens, they would do it so well.

wel now I'm here. Does anyone know if it was ever suggested that Jordan Hewson's name had a connection to the Jordanaires? I shall post this pic . I have heard so many people in chat talk about trips to Dublin and seeing Bono's gates. Here are Elvis' gates:) and his trusted friends, The Jordanaires

Attachments

• elvisjordanaires.jpg
    elvisjordanaires.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 11
I haven't got an answer right now, but

that is a very good question

annalivia said:
"Suspicious Minds" with Edge doing all the "ooooh" background vocals :D

Seriously, I really love this song and am sure U 2 could do a great cover version of it.

anna

I have a live version of Angel of Harlem that has a snippet of Suspicious Minds at the end. Sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom