The Killers single-How U2 should have sounded.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jinn77 said:
I heard "When You Were Young" for the first time on the radio today and felt such a musical rush since God knows when. It's the sound of U2 as they should have been after there glorious 90s creative period. Instead we got staid middle of the road crap, Now there's a statement. Discuss!!!

Funniest post EVER.

Horrid vocals on the song. Average lyrics (good sentiment, with some clunkers IE: the chorus), but the music and overall statement is strong. I'm excited for the album, but the song really isn't that great.

Hey guys, shaunvox was kidding when he said he hated everything u2 has done the last 6 years. He was attempting to mock the 00 bashers.

This new Killers song is, quite possibly, the very last thing I'd want U2 to sound like. I don't know, maybe it's because I'm not all that wild about The Killers to begin with.

I'll admit it, I'm liking this song. It passes the frantic-air-guitar-in-the-kitchen-test with flying colours.

But, I wonder if it will stand the test of time; I wonder why it sounds so much like Bruce Springsteen, and I also wonder if The Killers are any good live.

angelordevil said:
I'll admit it, I'm liking this song. It passes the frantic-air-guitar-in-the-kitchen-test with flying colours.

But, I wonder if it will stand the test of time; I wonder why it sounds so much like Bruce Springsteen, and I also wonder if The Killers are any good live.

oh they are awesome live:drool:

Meh. I can't say I have any love for The Killers (and this new single), and I definitely don't want U2 to sound like them. My sister is constantly blaring their songs (as well as The Bravery, Fall Out Boy, etc) on her radio, thinking they're the best thing since sliced bread. Perhaps I've grown tired of the band and their clones. lol. Brandon Flowers' vibrato grates on my nerves.

Sorry to all of The Killers fans here.

jinn77 said:
I heard "When You Were Young" for the first time on the radio today and felt such a musical rush since God knows when. It's the sound of U2 as they should have been after there glorious 90s creative period. Instead we got staid middle of the road crap, Now there's a statement. Discuss!!!

So a U2ey like song is better if made by a band that is not U2.

Gotta admit some of the guitar lines are very Edge-like.

Re: Re: The Killers single-How U2 should have sounded.

Canadiens1160 said:
Oh man I love statements that will get bashed by the EYKIW sheep :love:

Almost as bad as the thought police freaking out before anything even happens.

theu2fly said:
That album cover "Sam's Town" looks so much like the Joshua Tree...

I can see the similarities

B000GY729M.jpg

26f0b2c008a0b21803666010.L.jpg

Could Queen Bee or any other photoshop goddess :flirt: or god :rockon: please put the ram's head on Bono's body on The Joshua Tree cover?

Last edited:
U2Man said:
Could Queen Bee or any other photoshop goddess :flirt: or god :rockon: please put the ram's head on Bono's body on The Joshua Tree cover?

Don't forget the female man's face instead of Larry's. Oh man, this'll be hilarious. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom