The Killers lead singer, Brandon Flowers likes 'In a Little While'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Would you be in favor of hearing the Killers covering that song? It would be a little different, but if it kept the same tempo -- I'd have no problem with that.

In A Little While was a poor U2 song and would be even poorer by a terrible band like The Killers.

The Killers, if they covered a U2 song, should cover a dancier song like Ultraviolet.

But Brau, you forget that Brandon Flowers does actually have soul, as he says so many times in 'All These Things That I've Done;.
He has soul, but he's not a soldier.

Or something like that.

:wink:

beau2ifulday said:
But Brau, you forget that Brandon Flowers does actually have soul, as he says so many times in 'All These Things That I've Done;.
He has soul, but he's not a soldier.

Or something like that.

:wink:

That is a candidate for the worst, lamest, stupidest line in a song ever. It makes "Miami, my mammy" look good.

They should cover "I Will Follow". I don't think they could pull of "In a Little While," only Bono can pull that off.

The Killers are amazing and I can't believe we can't have them in the States. Or Franz Ferdinand, or Interpol, or Snow Patrol :wink:

Smile Like You Mean it is AWESOEM!!

i also REALLY RELALY LOVE the last song on the album "Everything Will Be Alright". . . oh man, the guitar solo at the end is just orgasmic :drool:

Zootlesque said:
How can one not like something like Mr. Brightside? It's delicious.

Listen to this man. Even if you're not a fan of the band as a whole (I personally think they're not bad), you've got to admit that Mr. Brightside is one nice, well-crafted, upbeat song.

Well, unless you listen to radio on which I'm sure it's terribly overplayed. But I hardly ever listen to the radio, so it doesn't effect me. :wink:

Edit: Oh, and as Axver said, it's not that great of a song to start out with. Plus, though I think the Killers are alright, it's definately now the song that they should cover if any at all. :huh:

Maybe Out of Control or something like that would work better.

Last edited:
I'd rather hear The Bravery cover a U2 song. The Killers get on my nerves sometimes. I only really like that Mr. Brightside song.

killers suck shit.

some of you need to hear that repeatedly.

why? cause they SUCK.

no further explanation necessary.

remember when the hives were all the craze here at interference two years ago? and the white stripes? "oh, this is a rock band! let's like them!"

i doubt there was any more reasoning behind it than that.

I don't see what all the hype surrounding them is about. Everything I've heard is quite mediocre.

Palace_Hero said:
if you don't like the former don't listen to them, or go in threads about their lead singer.

have to agree as well.

The Killers aren't making music that's going to change my life or anything, but their album is awesome, its energetic and upbeat, and it's great music to listen to before I go out for the night or workout to.

It's not like the people here are saying their the next u2 :shrug:

Yeah, really. I don't see anybody overrating the Killers here. Saying that we like Mr. Brightside or Smile Like You... doesn't mean we're worshipping them. You people need to cool down.

Axver said:
In A Little While was a poor U2 song and would be even poorer by a terrible band like The Killers.

You know what? If you can be the guy that triggered a two(as of now)-thread-650+-reply orgy for 'Heartland', you can allow people to say a few kind words about 'In A Little While' without stating that it's crap. Fool.

namkcuR said:

You know what? If you can be the guy that triggered a two(as of now)-thread-650+-reply orgy for 'Heartland', you can allow people to say a few kind words about 'In A Little While' without stating that it's crap. Fool.

WTF does the Heartland thread have to do with anything?

And I never said In A Little While was crap. I said it was poor.

Well, getting back to the topic...

I don't think I'd want to hear their version of the song. And I must be one of very few people that really like In a little While. I don't understand why so many hate it. :shrug:

In A Little While= Great Song.

The Killers= Crappola.

good times.:up:

GibsonGirl said:
I'd rather hear The Bravery cover a U2 song. The Killers get on my nerves sometimes. I only really like that Mr. Brightside song.

Ah, The Bravery. Now that's a crap band for you. ;)

it'd be neat if interpol covered a U2 song.
ohhh yesss that'd be a pretty sight.

as for the killers, if they covered something by U2,
it should somethign more upbeat. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom