The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
I found this site a little while ago, it's a photo essay about someone's visit to the actual Joshua Tree that pictures for the album were taken by.
http://www.joshuatreenationalpark.net/u2tree.htm

(Warning, it's kind of...sad, I guess. At least I thought so
frown.gif
Did I really just admit being upset by a tree? Insanity.)

It's not sad, so much as obsesseed. Am I the only one who gets a little annoyed that the tree is constantly associated with Joshua Tree National Park, and the damn thing is at least 250 miles away from the Park? And joshua trees grow at 2500 to about 4000 feet; that area isn't 5000 feet high. I found the tree years ago, before all the stuff was piled around it. It took some looking, but I knew the area. You could see it from the highway, if you looked while someone else was driving.

I guess I shouldn't be talking about being obsessed, should I?

I agree with martha, it's frustrating about that confusion of The Tree = oh, it must be in Joshua Tree National Park.

However, that's a good webpage and the first time I've seen pictures of the fallen Tree. It was hard enough to find it when it was standing. I can't help but think that it was loved to death.....probably all the walking around the Tree may have softened the ground.......

How long has the tree been down? It looks like the dude was there pretty soon after it fell, because it's still green. I don't know. I could be wrong. What does anybody else think?

That sucks that the tree no longer stands, I've always wanted to go and see it.

I think that the release of "The Fly" had something to do with the falling of the Joshua Tree

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Back
Top Bottom