The incredible shrinking man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Is it just my imagination or ,as Bono gets older,he seems to be getting shorter:huh: On resent tv appearances he seems to be 'half the man' he used to be:eyebrow: I know that my grandmother is alot shorter than days gone by but she is 79 years old!At this rate bono will be 2 feet tall when he hits his 60's:ohmy:

I think there might be something in this although there may be too little evidence to prove this tall story right, although we're pretty short of having any good answers to all the big questions:wink: :eyebrow: :sad:

ZeroDude said:
I think there might be something in this although there may be too little evidence to prove this tall story right, although we're pretty short of having any good answers to all the big questions:wink: :eyebrow: :sad:

:lmao:

I think you've definitely got a point there boystupidboy! Just imagine...at this rate, when Bono becomes an old man he'll make Yoda look like a giant :ohmy:

I've read various reports of him being listed at 5 foot 8. Notice, he does wear shoes with big soles (SOULS) to give him a few extra inches.

However, if you see old pics or footage from the band, he appears to be roughly the same height as Edge and Adam, but in recent video, he appears a good 2 + inches shorter....he could be shrinking.

He must have shrunk to a fraction of his original height if he used to be the same height as Adam and Edge. Back in the day, Adam had an awesome Afro and Edge had...well...hair!!!:p

verte76 said:
Funny, I have never heard of a shrinking person. Bono's always been about 5'6".

c'mon, people don't start getting shorter in their mid-40's! I think he's a little "stockier" than he used to be so just doesn't look as tall (and I love him stocky, btw :heart:) He's definitely more muscular than he was back in the 80's.

He does seem a bit shorter, even with his 4 inch lifts in his shoes.

Maybe he isn't getting shorter, maybe everyone else in the world is getting taller! :ohmy:

Anybody is bound to look smaller once they lose the kind of mighty mullet, that Bono used to proudly display in the mid 80s(no matter how tall their heels are!). :crazy:

Arghh - we gotta get a mullet smiley!!!

The Incredible Shrinking Man

from the album "Vox Humana"
Words and Music by Terry Taylor
©1984 Twitchen Vibes Music (ASCAP)

Look out your window
Here comes a bomb
The dogs of war
Drop it on your lawn
Life's hysterical
You're holding on the best you can
You're incredible
Incredible shrinking man

These fifty foot women
Keep slappin' your face
Machines remind you
That you can be replaced
How regrettable
Can't tear it down and start again
You're incredible
Incredible shrinking man

The clergy dresses you in tights and cape
And so the pressures on to make no mistake
In truth, there is no way that you won't break
You're gonna fall
You're much too small

From wells of power
You take a drink
You drown in it
It's bigger than you think
A world accountable -
Among the stars a grain of sand
You're incredible
Incredible shrinking man

ruffian said:

c'mon, people don't start getting shorter in their mid-40's! I think he's a little "stockier" than he used to be so just doesn't look as tall (and I love him stocky, btw :heart:) He's definitely more muscular than he was back in the 80's.

:drool: aaahh, stocky Bono...

In old pictures, not only did Bono wear boots with rather big heels, he also often stood on his toes. Additionally, he'd stand in front of people giving the illusion in the picture that he was as tall as the other band members. But even Bono's attested to his lack of height. ;)

I think more recently, despite some Spice Girl like soles on his shoes, he doesn't have the huge heels on boots, he doesn't stand on his toes and he stands next to - not in front of - his bandmates. As a result, his true height is "showing" and he appears shorter than he did in the past.

doctorwho said:
In old pictures, not only did Bono wear boots with rather big heels, he also often stood on his toes. Additionally, he'd stand in front of people giving the illusion in the picture that he was as tall as the other band members. But even Bono's attested to his lack of height. ;)

I think more recently, despite some Spice Girl like soles on his shoes, he doesn't have the huge heels on boots, he doesn't stand on his toes and he stands next to - not in front of - his bandmates. As a result, his true height is "showing" and he appears shorter than he did in the past.
Ah ha!!! I knew it! He is actually shrinking then.....sort of:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom