the I REFUSE TO DOWNLOAD THE ALBUM club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, if they decide to "officially" release the CD early, will you pick it up? I don't quite get the reason for waiting, if you plan on buying it anyways. I downloaded it, the b-sides and the two live songs and threw them on a CDR and will be enjoying it until the 23rd, when I will buy the official release.

I consider this time, "the preview period" :)

I'm hoping (selfishly) that they don't release it early. I suppose if they did, I'd still wait until the 23rd to listen...but buy it right away to ensure grabbing the one with Fast Cars (if indeed it's on the pricey one).

We should get a map of the world and make red and black states for the downloadees and the non-downloadees. Us downloadees will be red for happiness.

They'll mourn in black.

:wink:

I don't see the point in waiting anymore these days. Especially if its an album by a band that I love (ala U2). I mean, all you do to recreate the feel is download it, burn it on a CD and go for a drive. That's what I did anyway.

I'll still be there the minute the store opens for it but all and all I really enjoy downloading early, heh I gave a copy to a record store clerk friend of mine and she about shit her pants. I said here, take a listen to this, I think you'll like it.

i've listened to vertigo, miracle, sometimes, love peace..., city of blinding lights and all because of you...but i have removed them from my hard disk...it was tough...but i am going to be tough on myself and wait now...it is actually quite good fun as i know we have a cracker on our hands already

Present. I only heard the beach snippet of All because of you (due to its bad quality I couldn't make out anything anyway) and I'm waiting those two more weeks.

In the CD store, I will listen to Fast cars on the limited edition and if I like it, I might buy it. Otherwise I'll go with the regular album.

I have all albums, more than 30 singles, the Melon Remixes Original CD, a few concerts, 3 DVDs, I went to 2 U2 concerts in Portugal and I will be buying the Deluxe Edition on the 22nd.

However, I have downloaded it!

Does this make me a lesser U2 fan?

solar said:

hey guys, :wave:

we're 4!!!!

p.s. Solar, that's two already only in Croatia!! (yeah, Croatians are the true fans of U2 - we wait. So now they really must come to see us this time :wink: )

I would have downloaded it but I have no time to listen to it "properly" over the next week since I'll be out of town and too busy :(

I guess I'll try that stream next week. If I could download one track right now, it would be Miracle Drug.

Last edited:
hardcore u2 will get the same stick when its released officially, all this talk about getting that "feel" of a new cd, it works for some, it doesn't for others. Hardcore fans feel the same, if not elevated with each lesson, i have now managed to elevate 5cm from the ground..whats ur record? mehehe

I downloaded the album Saturday and listened to all the songs about 3-4 times and just made a EP of Vertigo, MD, Sometimes, COBL, and OOTS. It was tough to throw away my full CD, but it'll make me more hungry for 11/23. Plus I'll listen to my EP to hold me over.

i'm with it, true fans should never download an album before its release. personnally i don't know any of their new songs, except of vertigo of course....................
i'm gonna wait until the release date, then i want to lay me down on my bed, and go through the time with the atomic bomb in my ears...................i've waited for 4 years, i can wait other ten days!!

I won't download it just because I don't have sound at work and only a slow-ass dialup (with shitty sound) at home. I'd be cheating myself if I listened to it on that kind of inferior equipment.

I'll buy it at midnight on the 22nd, and listen to it in the dead of night on the way home. It'll be great.

I'm part of the club!

I made the mistake of downloading an album before it's release once and it totally ruined the countdown to the new album, the experience of going to the store, the experience of opening the new package, and the experience of hearing it for the first time WHEN and HOW it was intended. I've waited four years for this album. Why now wait a few more weeks? it's what U2 wants you to do.

You guys are making Bono cry. :sad:

mlrg said:
True catholics should never have sex before getting married

good thing i'm not a true catholic, but i am glad i waited until after high school.

and marriage isn't an option for everybody.

however, i am being very guilt-ridden about this whole thing. last night, i decided to download COBL, but couldn't get the links to work. i tried it again today, that one didn't work, but OSC did, so i started to download it, and then halfway through the download i hit cancel and made a cup of tea instead.

this may be harder than i thought.

and that's a double-entendre if i've ever heard one ....

*slap*

stop it, stop it. get ahold of yourself, man!

:banghead:

madonna's child said:
I'm part of the club!

I made the mistake of downloading an album before it's release once and it totally ruined the countdown to the new album, the experience of going to the store, the experience of opening the new package, and the experience of hearing it for the first time WHEN and HOW it was intended. I've waited four years for this album. Why now wait a few more weeks? it's what U2 wants you to do.

I'm in as well, as I've said in other threads. I too am waiting for the total new album purchase experience. It's gonna be great!:D

I'm NOT downloading. From now until I buy the album from the store, I'm only going to listen to the remix of Vertigo I snagged.

I'm sick of the gimme-right-now attitude. Some things in life are worth waiting for. If it's released on the 23rd that means I've got 9 hours of driving home for Thanksgiving with my U2-converted sweet and wonderful boyfriend to listen to it. :heart: And it will be the best thing I've ever done.

If it's released earlier, I might wait til the 23rd anyway.

Its a Beautiful Day! Don't let it get away!

You never know what tomorrow brings. Enjoy life and live each day as if it were your last.

I'm a bit of a hedonist at heart, so I'd probably say this, but...

I blasted this thing on my car today on the way to work and then back again when I came home. Monday morning traffic was terrible today. I mean, it must have been, because I arrived 15 minutes late. Honestly I didn't even notice. I was somewhere else.

Later, driving home from work, listening to Bono wail "Yahweh" at the top of his voice, watching the night creep in and the cars turning on their headlights on the highway I started getting goosebumps and a huge smile showed up in my face.

I could die tomorrow, and if I hadn't downloaded the album I would never have enjoyed those moments. Rest assured, I am planning on staying alive to buy the album on the 22nd, and I'll keep on listening for months to come.

Waiting for a great pleasure is good, but sometimes there's a lot to be said for having it here and now.

Whatever you choose to do, I hope you have fun.

nk it fits here as well:

I posted this in another thread but I think it fits here as well:

I just build all my anticipation for the leak! If you anticipate the leak, you still get the feeling of anticipation! (we have all been anticipating this thing for years!), the only difference is it adds the element of surprise of not knowing WHEN it will happen.

This is the digital age, "new media is the big idea". While it is nice to remember the "old days" when we waited for the release day and bought it in the shops, this is now the modern equivelent to that. All the same emotions are involved with these two experiences, only the form of media has changed. I don't personally want to get stuck in the frame of mind that there is only one right way to do things and any new way is inferior.

Now the moral issue of copyrights and such is a total different argument. I am just saying that having the "classic" new album experience is not necessary. Downloading leaked songs can be just as satisfying if done properly.

I don't have much of a choice anyway. I'm a modem user (fucking rural areas...). Plus, it helps that I'm not as fanatical of a U2 fan as I used to be, so I can wait until Nov. 23rd.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom