the "I JUST GOT POPMART DVD" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prideofzootv

War Child
who has the dvd yet? i got it today, quite fucking awesome, the set, lights and the music is fantastic! i got the very last 2 DVD edition in the metro center and im glad woo!

opinions?

What strikes me is the far superior sound quality to the Zoo Tv DVD.
Not the best performance from the band, but the shows themselves were spectacular.
The EXTRAS, are quite dissapointing. I refer to the 5 minute documentaries. They could and should have been a lot more indepth. Bit pissed off that they chose to use songs that were already on the main DVD as extras too. WHERE IS MIAMI??
BUT........bottom line is..............i still love it coz its U2.

i think with or without you from edmonton should of been on that was a good version, wasnt impressed with one, not a good version imho.

mind you i love the opening fantastic! remade versions fo songs are fantastic!

The very question is: Is it worth buying? I mean the 2 edition one.
I already have the VHS, I would buy it, but it feels a bit sick if I have to buy something I already have. That's why obviously, if I will buy it, I will buy the deluxe edition. Is it worth?
I've already saved money, but there's the TOTO LIVE IN PARIS 2007 that bites................................

babyman said:
I already have the VHS, I would buy it, but it feels a bit sick if I have to buy something I already have. That's why obviously, if I will buy it, I will buy the deluxe edition. Is it worth?
I've already saved money, but there's the TOTO LIVE IN PARIS 2007 that bites................................
That's up to you, a lot of the extra's ofcourse can be seen on other discs and internet but it's a good bonus disc. Still you need to get it. At least that is if you have a decent surround set which can do DTS or DD5.1

Because that's what's Popmart made for, turning up that system and enjoy!

babyman said:

It was to me, it's true the live songs aren't anything you don't have on disc 1 already, but still the wonderful picture and sound quality are worth it. The documentaries are short, but along with the live songs what makes the purchase worth it. Easter egg are another Please (but different visuals) and Popmart visuals.

They could have skipped the SATS and LNOE remix videos, and Easter eggs karaoke.

My only Mallet complaint would be why he left the credits rolling over Wake up dead man AND a far off camera shot during the song for most of the time. And on a lesser note, the super obvious edit right before Bullet the blue sky. :no:

Last edited:
Indeed the editing is not a good thing, but I can watch Last Night on Earth over and over again!

Lila64 said:
got it a couple of days ago, but been so busy that I haven't had a chance to watch it yet :shrug: :reject:
had that problem too, but I watched it today :drool: oh wow!

Have only watched disc 1 tho.... I'll try watching the other one tomorrow!

I was going to start a thread about this, but I'll stick it here.

My Personal PopMart Tragedy.

Just got the PopMart DVD and am psyched to watch it in surround sound glory.

(Wait for it...)

And the color on my tv went out. No color!

PopMart in B&W. Not . . . quite . . .the . . . same.

:(

Are you sure you didn't watch only the band entrance to the Pop Muzik tune? That part is black & white. Full colour starts when Edge's guitar goes into the stratosphere on Mofo.

Popmartijn said:
:(

Are you sure you didn't watch only the band entrance to the Pop Muzik tune? That part is black & white. Full colour starts when Edge's guitar goes into the stratosphere on Mofo.

Yeah:wink:

Had it on VHS back in the day. Great opening.

The TV is screwed up.

Thomas the Tank Engine in B&W isn't the same, either.

ahittle said:
I was going to start a thread about this, but I'll stick it here.

My Personal PopMart Tragedy.

Just got the PopMart DVD and am psyched to watch it in surround sound glory.

(Wait for it...)

And the color on my tv went out. No color!

PopMart in B&W. Not . . . quite . . .the . . . same.

Just pretend it's Rattle & Hum...

Back
Top Bottom