the "I JUST GOT POPMART DVD" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by J_NP
Me 2

As much as I love Sydney for example , just the set list of Mexico and the perfomances itselves , beat Sydney all way

The Perfomance of One Mexico is just unbeatable

And now there are 3 !! Glad to see someone else agrees. :applaud:

PopMart WAS a big deal, PopMart IS a big deal, and PopMart will ALWAYS BE a big deal. Period !! :bow: :love:

Best setlist of any of the DVD releases. I missed that tour because of a broken femur. I saw Zoo TV but god I wish I had been able to see that Popmart stage in person.

U2girl said:
Watch Edge walking from the B-stage after SBS. Notice how the camera switches angle and suddenly he is much closer to the camera right as BTBS starts ? The screen even goes blank for a split second.

I checked again, but I didn't notice this.
However, it does seem that the layer change of the DVD is at the start of Bullet... So maybe that's what you're seeing.

I really like this DVD, but I must say that the dancing transvestite sequence kinda ruined the last half of the show. Before that, I was thinking, "Wow, this show is so great!" Afterwards, I was trying to think of where I could hide the DVD to make sure that the rest of my family won't find it. :yikes:

But other than that small, freaky detail, it's great!

Last edited:
Popmartijn said:

I checked again, but I didn't notice this.
However, it does seem that the layer change of the DVD is at the start of Bullet... So maybe that's what you're seeing.

Maybe. What is a "DVD layer change" ?

Rachel D. said:
I really like this DVD, but I must say that the dancing transvestite sequence kinda ruined the last half of the show. Before that, I was thinking, "Wow, this show is so great!" Afterwards, I was trying to think of where I could hide the DVD to make sure that the rest of my family won't find it. :yikes:

But other than that small, freaky detail, it's great!

My good friend , u got a dvd , u got a blessed Skip Chapter , So just go from Streets to Discotheque and fully enjoy ..... U2's best live DVD so far ;)

U2girl said:

They use a "dual layer" dvd for this concert (as most). When the end of a layer is reached it changes to the other layer so to speak.

You always get a slight pause inbetween that. And that's is at the start of BTBS yes.

U2girl said:

The DVD has 2 layers with information (unlike a CD which has only one), with one layer being edged a bit more deeply in the DVD than the other layer. This way, it can store more information. When the laser has reached the end of the first layer it needs a little time to find the start of the second layer. This is the layer change.
Whether or not you notice it depends on the DVD and the player. Sometimes I notice it, sometimes I don't.

Anyway, that's what's happening at the start of Bullet... when Edge is swinging his guitar to play the first note.

Sanchez said:
What is the Last Night On Earth - First Night In Hell clip on the bonus DVD?

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!! :scratch:

And what is up with that terrible guy/girl thing that dances on the lemon perfecto mix? Seriously, the only reason I could imagine they would put that in there is to see if they could cause the audience some sort of psychological damage. And yes, I know they were trying to buy time but that part odf the show is pointless.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm still too sick to go out and get my copy :sad: I think I'm just going to order it.

AWW.. feel better! I've been sick too this weekend but I finally got it today!! :D

The sound quality is excellent.

Best moment of the Mexico-City show: the loud guitar riff at the start of BTBS. Magic...

That's my problem, I've only had time to sample some bonus features, I need to take some time to watch the whole thing.

J_NP said:

My good friend , u got a dvd , u got a blessed Skip Chapter , So just go from Streets to Discotheque and fully enjoy ..... U2's best live DVD so far ;)

Yes, I'm sure I'll be making use of the "skip" button in the future. :wink:

I've heard people say, "I love the PopMart video, but there are parts that I always fast-forward through." I used to wonder what they were talking about.

Just watched it, unfortunately I couldn't get super pumped :( I kinda just sat on the couch and watched it, still thought it was great. The highlights for me are Mofo, Last Night on Earth (what an ending!!), Please/Streets (ending :faint: ) All I Want is You, SATS, Discotek was pretty cool, and One :love:

That final verse pwns all.

Worst part of the DVD - whatever the fuck was on the screen during Lemon.

Back
Top Bottom