The "I hate Wild Honey" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely do not like Wild Honey.

But I LOVE In a little while and I especially LOVE the way Bono's voice sounds in it! I think it adds to the emotion meant to deliver, it's pure soul and I love it that he sounds as unpolished on it as he does.

Good song...but not at all, i prefer Love You Like Mad, Levitate or Summer Rain:wink:

love it love it love it.

That's my feeble attempt to hi-jack this thread, but alas, I fear I am overrun by the Wild Honey dislikers :wink:

can someone tell me the law that says bono has to write the best lyrics ever on every damn song? is he not aloud to have some fun once in awhile?

flangerchorus said:
can someone tell me the law that says bono has to write the best lyrics ever on every damn song? is he not aloud to have some fun once in awhile?

See... that's why I try not to say stuff like "how could they do this? :mad: I can't believe they wrote this crap. :madspit: " etc. I just call it like it is. ATYCLB was not upto their standards. So what? They're human after all. :shrug: Now, the pop remixes and apologising for Pop... that's something I have a feeling of :tsk: towards the band. But what do I know, I'm just a fan.

U2girl said:

:sigh: Same old same old.
:wave:

flangerchorus said:

You are 100% right... and I'll add that I don't like when people will give you one line from a song as an example and say "the lirics in this song are crap"... please:rolleyes:
That's why I always judge a song as a whole...
And in this case WH, just as most of ATYCLB, is the worst piece of work written by U2.
(IMO)

'In A Little While' is just a retread of 'Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World' (thematically) and 'The Playboy Mansion' (stylistically), and has always felt as though it ends only halfway through the song.

I don't think it's the worst song on ATYCLB (that position's reserved for 'Peace On Earth') but it's not something I would have released as an album track. It's also another one of those more recent U2 songs with a melody that sounds just like something somebody else wrote (examples: 'When Doves Cry' and 'Please'; 'You Keep Me Hanging On' and 'Vertigo'). In this case, the chorus sounds like the chorus to '(Are You Going To) San Francisco'. I was astonished that they would keep a chorus melody that reminiscent of a standard popular tune.

I love this song, one of the best on the album. I never understood how anyone could hate such a song.

one of those songs where I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it, like when I'm too drunk and belligerent to make out the song.

Not a big fan. :wink:

The one positive thing about it is that it did appear on the "Vanilla Sky" soundtrack, which was God awful but did co-star Penelope Cruz... :sexywink:

Originally posted by RademR
one of those songs where I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it

Absolutely agree !! :applaud:

I don't love this tune ... but I don't really hate it either !!
I guess ... it's "neutral" territory ... kinda "stuck in the middle" ... between love and hate ...
O.K. ... maybe somewhat "like" this tune !! :wink:

Can't stand Wild Honey, but I love In a Little While. I don't know why, normally I fall in love with songs I've never liked before when I hear them live, but not the case with this one. One day I was just listening to it and it suddenly clicked and it's now my favorite on ATYCLB. Not a classic, but I think it's absolutely beautiful and honest. Definitely 'just home from the bar and I'm sad and lonely'. Although Bono doesn't sing it very well on the album... :|

Then again, I also love Tryin' to Throw Your Arms for its sweetness.

When the night takes a deep breath
And the daylight has no air
If I crawl, if I come crawling home
Will you be there?

I don't understand how you can hate it... it's not a great great song but it always brings a smile on my face. Although I rather prefer In a Little While.

btw, if you wanna know what I hate: STUCK IN A MOMENT :madspit: :madspit:

Wild Honey, hmmm I like the chorus, the rest isn't so good. Still it's better than Peace On Earth and In A Little While. Brrrr

madroseka said:
I don't think it fits with U2, lyrically its it seems kinda silly, I dunno just my opine
okay, this is now the second time i've had to warn you for this. please do not continue to bump old threads like this. threads like these are sure to start arguments (in fact, this thread has already had them). there are plenty of current threads to discuss topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom