The 'I don't seem to like the new album' thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are we seriously at the point where we have to say IMO after every statement? Are people here such brainless sheep that if someone states their opinion strongly that you can't disregard it?

1 last thing,

i saw that interview recently posted with edge and bono talking about she cawls meh baybuh

when the guy brings up get on your boots you can tell bono is a little put off by the throwaway remark saying well if its throwaway then its earnest throwaway.

that makes me think that he/U2 thought goyb was going to be a runaway smash hit and that it was their surefire track, the one. It didnt do too well and now he/they are like uh oh

Are we seriously at the point where we have to say IMO after every statement? Are people here such brainless sheep that if someone states their opinion strongly that you can't disregard it?

I think so.

Why do you care though? Let us assume that he does not want to discuss the albums he does like. He only wants to complain about the ones he doesn't. Unless it is stated in the FAQs that... Thou shalt not find fault with any of U2's music... he is not doing anything wrong, really.

I honestly don't care, except that's not all he's doing... You weren't really around when he first started posting, but he's purposely trying to rile up folks...

No but there is a correct way to word your posts to avoid altercations.

I FEEL

I THINK

etc..

not

THIS ALBUM IS SHIT

LANOIS SUCKS

You get the point.. ?

1 last thing,

i saw that interview recently posted with edge and bono talking about she cawls meh baybuh

when the guy brings up get on your boots you can tell bono is a little put off by the throwaway remark saying well if its throwaway then its earnest throwaway.

that makes me think that he/U2 thought goyb was going to be a runaway smash hit and that it was their surefire track, the one. It didnt do too well and now he/they are like uh oh

You're not going to get banned unless you call people names and stuff. And if you do get banned for having a different opinion....then look at is escaping Nazi Germany. :lol:

since everyone's entitled to an opinion and all I'll give you mine:
at least 2 posters in this thread are truly miserable bastards
IMO :wink:

I think so.

Apparently so, I guess.

Someone told me this album sucks. Guys I like it before... I'm so confused. Should I really believe it sucks? I really like it but don't know if I should.

Of course all of my inner conflict regarding the album would go away if the person had said "IMO" at the end of their sentence.

You're not going to get banned unless you call people names and stuff. And if you do get banned for having a different opinion....then look at is escaping Nazi Germany. :lol:

Uh yeah.. I guess you haven't been to the other u2 forum where people are currently getting banned just for posting their emails and requesting links or downloads to the album.

i get it and ill mind my word structure more

but as for the album

no line is ok
mag is ok
then its boring town until Being Born
then boring until cedars, which is really the only good song for me

I honestly don't care, except that's not all he's doing... You weren't really around when he first started posting, but he's purposely trying to rile up folks...

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this subject. Every thread gets turned to shit when fans who love everything gang up on those who have criticisms.

I DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO RILE PEOPLE UP. YOU GET RILED ON YOUR OWN! And "IMHO" I think you like it. You seem to enjoy playing hall monitor.

You give me way too much credit. I can't make you act a certain way. Grow up.

No but there is a correct way to word your posts to avoid altercations.

I FEEL

I THINK

etc..

not

THIS ALBUM IS SHIT

LANOIS SUCKS

You get the point.. ?

Why do you need someone to tell you it's their opinion? Music always is. Anything someone says regarding the quality of music is opinion. If I said Chocolate chip cookies tasted bad would that mean that people who like chocolate chip cookies should feel bad for liking them?

Well, I always try to say 'this is just my opinion ofcourse' or something similar. But I've noticed that some people don't even like that - not speaking from experience but from observation.

Bono's vocals are the best thing about the whole album for me.:wink:

Dude it's all about the rhythm in this album for me.

The trip-hop in Moment of Surrender, reminded me of Massive Attack.

The synth intro of Fez was beautiful, reminded me of Jon Hopkins (a friend of Brian Eno's) intro for the Coldplay song Life in Technicolor. And then it kicks into some Rachid Taha-like Morroccan groove.

Unknown Caller's Zooropa/Passengers like intro which just kicks into the Unknown Caller we all knew from the beach clips.

The intro for Magnificent was brilliant aswell, it was such a great buildup. And then the guitar kicks in.

Man I love this album. I hope it's the biggest album this year. It deserves it.

I haven't listened yet (I'll be listening today after work), but have been reading the different threads.

It was clear to me from the thread title that this was going to contain posts of people who didn't like the album.

It occurred to me that it would be funny if no one else posted anything contradicting or trying to change anyone's opinion.

Just let the people who don't like the album bitch and moan in peace. :wink:

Why do you need someone to tell you it's their opinion? Music always is. Anything someone says regarding the quality of music is opinion. If I said Chocolate chip cookies tasted bad would that mean that people who like chocolate chip cookies should feel bad for liking them?
but why join a chocolate cookie forum to only diss chocolate cookies?
join a cheesecake forum instead and leave the rest of us alone

I hear the Unforgettable Fire/ Passengers vibe but it could just be because of Eno/ Lanois. I think Edge isn't as on fire as people make it out to be. He has some cool moments but he just sounds uneven. Need more time to take in the lyrics. Definitely not as catchy as ATYCLB or HTDAAB.

Ok, I don't hate the Album, but it's not the best ever.

There are some songs I realley do like but there are some I can't stand. I can't get through Breath and skip it and Stand Up does nothing for me.

THere are however some good stuff on here like MOS and Magnificent which are great and a few others I am probably going to warm up to.
I like roughly half the album.

The one thing that bugs me though is I REALLEY don't like all the weird noises in the backround, I know that's what was suppose to make this album different but for me is lessons the album.

So my final verdict. The Album is not the best ever, but it does contain some realley good material and although it lacks a song that sound EPIC(COBL,BDAY,Walk On,ISHFWILF ect) It ranks higher then some past albums but not the last 3 at least.

THe above is MY OPPINION and in no way am I trying to tell anyone else what their's should be.

(Does Breathe remind anyone else of Bono's cover of I am the Walrus for some reason?)

Totaly agree mate, the first thing that struck me was the lack of a stand out song like Beautiful Day. There's just no spark to the album, it's very subdued to my hearing. Wish some of the original beach clips had made there way onto the album to give it some energy.

im seriously not happy at all about this, im pretty down in the dumps actually. Such a let down after such a long wait and all that anticipation.

It wasnt really something that i just wasnt expecting it just goes down like flat pepsi for me. It wasnt the hype because i didnt let myself get hyped up. Its adult contemporary without any usual u2 goosebumps. and I think there arent any goosebumps because of the lanois/eno involvement.

"Too much Brian Eno/Passengers"

To me that was one of the great things about this album. I despise this decade's U2. Such boring albums. (except for the song Elevation, that was pretty cool).

where the fuck is Edge :huh:

drowned out by the eno and the lap guitar, fucking disgrace

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this subject. Every thread gets turned to shit when fans who love everything gang up on those who have criticisms.

I DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO RILE PEOPLE UP. YOU GET RILED ON YOUR OWN! And "IMHO" I think you like it. You seem to enjoy playing hall monitor.

You give me way too much credit. I can't make you act a certain way. Grow up.

I am not one who doesn't have criticisms of U2, I have quite a few, but the way I present mine and the way you present yours is the difference between an adult and a 4 year old... When you have a fair size of the population in here either ignoring you or calling you out as a troll then it's probably you that has to grow up.

I asked you an honest question and you came back with this, what does that show you?

I don't like that there is no new sounds. All the guitar we have heard before. Where is the innovation?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom