The Heartland appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful
Gorgeous
Marvellous
Transcendant
Serene
Calming
Eerie
Peaceful

Heartland:drool:

Whoever said COBL is over-rated is wrong. You can't over-rate perfection.

Whoever said Heartland isn't the best on RAH is wrong. You can't rate any non-perfect songs above perfection. Though I'll grant you that AIWIY is an incredible song, it just isn't Heartland.

Heartland = :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:banghead:ARRGHHH - I can't believe this thread reached 7 pages before I knew of its existence!!!

Ah well, I guess Aardvark, Axver, ZeroDude, Pero et al have said pretty much all there is to say about how magnificent this song is. But for all it's worth let me just add that listening to this Classic makes me feel:ohmy::drool::faint::rockon::hyper::combust::dancing: (though not necessarily all in that order!)

Axver said:

:up:

Oh, and...

:heart: land! (Sorry, that was lame. I'm bored. :wink: )

Axver said:

Whoever said Heartland isn't the best on RAH is wrong. You can't rate any non-perfect songs above perfection. Though I'll grant you that AIWIY is an incredible song, it just isn't Heartland.

Heartland = :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I just don't understand how some people can say stuff like COBL is in the same league as Streets.

And I think AIWIY is better than Heartland, but that's all a matter of a opinion.

namkcuR said:

I just don't understand how some people can say stuff like COBL is in the same league as Streets.

And I think AIWIY is better than Heartland, but that's all a matter of a opinion.

Of course it's all a matter of opinion, but this is the Heartland appreciation thread, which has translated into Obessive Fanatical Responses To Heartland.

Guess I better flame you with smileys, as is my duty, eh? :wink:

And COBL's NOT in the same league as Streets. Here's my divisions of perfection for my top nine:

1. Streets
2. Bad

3. The Unforgettable Fire (This can move to the top two or the next four depending on my mood.)

4. One Tree Hill
5. COBL
6. Heartland
7. New Year's Day

8. Acrobat
9. Gone

So there you have it, four levels of perfection!

When I first listened to this song I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It is both eerie and peaceful at the same time. Its a song you want to listen to when the sun comes up in the morning, and it's golden rays start slanting through your window. (Well, at least for me, anyway.:wink: )

I discovered this thread after 7 pages of worship and on it's way down. So I'm bumping it back up cos I l:heart:ve HEARTLAND too. It definitely creates a surreal atmosphere in the middle of a rollercoaster of an album. Rattle and Hum is very underrated! People say it is messy, has no flow, is uneven... whatever, I think it's a brilliant collection of amazing songs and has a gorgeous ending in All I Want Is You. Also I think I can safely say that Heartland is the most beautifully poetic that Bono ever got. Running to Stand Still and maybe One Tree Hill come close but Heartland is king in the lyrics dept. On the other hand, COBL is good but no way as poetic as any of those other tracks you listed! What have you been smoking, Axver? :wink:

Zootlesque said:
On the other hand, COBL is good but no way as poetic as any of those other tracks you listed! What have you been smoking, Axver? :wink:

COBL is epic like Streets and anthemic like Pride. That's a classic in my books.

And Heartland = :heart: :drool: :rockon: :drool: :heart:

Heartland is a kin to A sort of Homecoming in it's pure poetic spirit...i actually live in the heartland of which Bono sings and the song is so dead-on...

Heartland is such a glorious achievement of both lyrics and sound. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Aardvark747 said:

Good call! I couldnt actually think of any other good words to use, that I hadnt already used yesterday!:wink:

Who cares if you repeat yourself? It's Heartland - it can't be praised enough!

:heart:land :drool:

I'm listening to Heart:heart:land right now.

This is really, really fucking brilliant. :up: :drool:

HeeeeeeaaaaAAAAAAAAAART!

That ending ...!

Great ending - however, I got to admit to you Axver, it's not on my player right now:shocked:

That honour goes to Mr Neil Young - Like A Hurricane, which deserves a :drool: for the solo alone.

BUT - IT'S NO :heart:land!

Wow!

Right now, I'm playing a glorious playlist (well, this isn't all of it, just the sub-playlist I keep repeating):

- Dancing Barefoot
- Spanish Eyes
- Hawkmoon 269
- Heartland
- Bass Trap
- Drowning Man
- The First Time
- The Three Sunrises
- City Of Blinding Lights

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Bloody hell, those eighties b-sides are better than stacks of other U2 material.

My most recent ranking of all of U2's songs seriously ranked Spanish Eyes and Luminous Times #10 and #11 overall, and Dancing Barefoot and Bass Trap were within the next ten. :ohmy:

I think my tastes are somewhat rare.

On my own U2 Mix - 'My Top 15 Of All Time':drool:
'2 Shots' is in there, along with 'Spanish Eyes' - AND you'll laugh at this, but I dont care, 'Jesus Christ' JUST crept in at no.15!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
On my own U2 Mix - 'My Top 15 Of All Time':drool:
'2 Shots' is in there, along with 'Spanish Eyes' - AND you'll laugh at this, but I dont care, 'Jesus Christ' JUST crept in at no.15!:wink:

:up: I won't laugh at that! It's a fun song, no matter what some people here say to the contrary.

Here's the top 20 the last time I did it.

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. Bad
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. One Tree Hill
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. Heartland
7. New Year’s Day
8. Acrobat
9. Gone
10. Spanish Eyes
11. Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
12. A Sort Of Homecoming