The Heartland appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
13 October 1989, Melbourne. Just a few lines, but when I first heard it ...

:ohmy: :faint: :combust: :rockon: :drool: :D :up:

ZeroDude said:
Again Lovetown aswell:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Lovetown, the source of live musical perfection.

Heartland, a shining example of studio musical perfection.

:drool:

I just checked, I have 2 performences of Streets from Melbourne, which are both from 1989. Neither or those have any Heartland lyrics added. So I def. havent got it!

Did they play a few dates a Melbourne then? Axver?:wink:

OMG I have to sit in this stupid office for 5 more hours before I can shimmy home and put on HEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAARTLAND
I need to hear it I need to hear it, it's been too long.
That can't be right now, can it? 5 hours of taptaptap waiting!

:(

Aardvark747 said:
I just checked, I have 2 performences of Streets from Melbourne, which are both from 1989. Neither or those have any Heartland lyrics added. So I def. havent got it!

Did they play a few dates a Melbourne then? Axver?:wink:

They played seven shows. Melbourne is the only city that can claim the distinction of having U2 play three shows on consecutive nights two times without anywhere else in between the two sets of three. Make sense? Actually, I'm pretty sure that this is the longest stand U2 has ever done in one city. They played Sydney eight times on Lovetown but that was split into three segments of 3, 2, and 3 each, and New York this tour has eight, but that's split into 1, 5, and 2.

7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 16 October 1989 were the Melbourne Lovetown dates.

It is also the only city in which Hawkmoon 269 opened three concerts. Two were in Sydney, one in Perth, one in Brisbane, and one in Amsterdam.

Last edited:
Aardvark747 said:
Ah, that explains it then. I have the 9th and 12th performences.

The concert from the 9th contains the first Van Diemen's Land, which is a lovely song, but it's no HEARTLAND! :drool:

the soul waits said:
OMG I have to sit in this stupid office for 5 more hours before I can shimmy home and put on HEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAARTLAND
I need to hear it I need to hear it, it's been too long.
That can't be right now, can it? 5 hours of taptaptap waiting!

:(

I feel truly sorry for you! But when you get home, Heartland will sound all the greater.

Adam'sbaby said:
I love Heartland:drool:

Too bad I only have AB with me today...

Every album should contain Heartland as a hidden track at the end for those who don't have a copy of RAH handy! :wink:

I love this thread, all this obsessive behaviour over Heartland makes me feel better about myself. :wink: :wink:

I used to have it with me all of the time just in case. I really don't know why I broke that habit. :(

Try listening to Heartland at sundown:drool: It's just magical with the sight of the sun going down. It just suits the song

When I'm in Tennessee in June, I'm going to try to arrange to drive over the Mississippi at dawn while cranking Heartland loud. I don't think I'll be able to, but maybe at dusk! It shall be wonderful, whatever happens. :drool:

Adam'sbaby said:
Try listening to Heartland at sundown:drool: It's just magical with the sight of the sun going down. It just suits the song

Buddy, ur so right. Tho for me, when I go for one of my early (very early) walks on Dartmoor in England, listening to Heartland whilst the sun is rising - is just...:drool: :drool: :drool:

This has to be one of the best threads in ages.

HEARTLAND! :drool: :rockon: :drool: :rockon: :drool: :rockon: :drool: :rockon:

Aardvark747 said:

A great use of smileys there!

You can't over-use smileys for Heartland, can you? No! Let's hear it again for Heartland!

:drool: :rockon: :drool: :rockon: :drool: HEARTLAND! :rockon: :drool: :rockon: :drool: :rockon:

Aardvark747 said:

Buddy, ur so right. Tho for me, when I go for one of my early (very early) walks on Dartmoor in England, listening to Heartland whilst the sun is rising - is just...:drool: :drool: :drool:

I used to get up at 5am to get to college. I was on a train at 6:45 and I had the pleasure of listening to Heartland at sunrise too. That's just so :drool: :drool: :drool: indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom