the hands that built america single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung Zooropa

The Fly
I remember reading something about a single being released in Germany for The Hands That Built America. Supposedly it was supposed to be released in early April, but I never heard anything after that about it, nor have I been able to find any information about it on sites that sell cds. Anyone know what the deal with it is?

The release was cancelled, although no official explanation was given. However, I think that interest was minimal after the song didn't win an Oscar.

C ya!

Marty

It was cancelled, amazon.com listed it for awhile as well and last time I checked, it was cancelled there as well.

Oh well, next release will probably be the first single off of the new album and maybe we'll get a surprise Slane DVD soon too!!

I checked my order from Amazon. It doesn't say a thing about me not getting it. It's still listed in my order!

Nate Dogg said:
I checked my order from Amazon. It doesn't say a thing about me not getting it. It's still listed in my order!

Me too. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Nate Dogg said:
weird...i guess then they're holding out in hopes that it is released so they can sell it to you, but since they've not heard anything about a release they pulled its listing off their site to prevent anymore orders. :shrug:

The single was cancelled indeed. I had initially ordered it from amazon.de since that was where it was first available. The song then disappeared frtome their site but it existed normally in my order info. Then they sent me an e-mail to inform me it was cancelled, a few weeks later, and the order also disappeared. So it's a matter of time for the same thing to happen to you...

Hands was definitely a failure. It failed to beat Eminem, and the movie failed to win the big one. It would be pointless to release it as a single. U2 and Scorcesse (did I spell that right?) took so long to take advantage of the grief and tragedy of 9/11. It was too late when all the hoopla had died down. Bruce Springsteen's timing for the release of his album "The Rising" was perfect - it was a marketing marvel. U2 on the other hand were too late, when everyone weren't making a killing out of selling American flags anymore and when cashing in on 9/11 had lost its bite.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Back
Top Bottom