The Ground Beneath Her Feet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flaming june

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Is the album version (for those that have the UK ATYCLB) different from the soundtrack version? I think the one I've heard is the soundtrack version. I think it's a wonderful song, though I'm not crazy about the keyboards on it.

(Pulls apart CD covers)

There both exactly the same to me. Both 3 minutes 43 seconds. Mixed by Tim Palmer, etc.

(Attempts to slot CD booklets back into cases, gives up, goes in search of Lindt)

Last edited:
I've never heard the "album" version, if it is any different. But I always thought what was played at the end of MDH sounded different than the opening track of the soundtrack.

I have never seen the movie so its possible the movie version is different to the soundtrack & the album. I think that happens sometimes. The music in the movie of that Adam Sandler down in the bayou thingie is different to the soundtrack.

yes the version on atyclb and on the cd mdh are the same. what is different is the track that's played at the end of the film itself.

one of my faves. i also really like the early tapes of this song, acoustic with salman rushdie reading parts of his book and a desperate sounding bono.

Flaming Friar Sr said:

one of my faves. i also really like the early tapes of this song, acoustic with salman rushdie reading parts of his book and a desperate sounding bono.

Agreed, that version is amazing. It sounds almost from the same time period as Unforgettable Fire. :up:

I have the MDH movie and TGBHF sounds totally different on it.It has a more mellow beat then the album version.I have both the soundtrack and the UK ATYCLB versions.It's just the one on the MDH video or dvd.Whatever sounds it has on it,it still rocks!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm gonna have to pay more attention the next time I watch the film to see if I can tell the difference.

I want to hear the earlier version that Flaming Friar Sr and u2popmofo mentioned. Can I find it on Kazaa?

Flaming Friar Sr said:
i also really like the early tapes of this song, acoustic with salman rushdie reading parts of his book and a desperate sounding bono.
Where did you find that?

absolutely love it. hopefully they play a full band version of it on teh next tour. i love edge's guitar at the end.

Back
Top Bottom