The goodness of Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please please, don't you guys ever leave Until the end of the World out of the setlist. It would break my heart. :(

(Ok, that was totally out of topic but I had to say it! :D)

Hey Edge! (if it is really you :)

So, I've heard that you have written the Vertigo-Lyrics. Is that true? (So what is it about?) And what happened to 'Full metal...'?

The Edge said:

If I grew 12 fingers and 12 toes...that would help

you mean you don't have 12 fingers?
Damn, you're even better than i thought!

I had my hopes up for Acrobat, too...

Have you started rehearsals yet? are there any 'previously unperformed live' tracks? (except for the new ones that is...)
if yes, could you tell us some?

Last edited:
The Edge said:

If I grew 12 fingers and 12 toes...that would help

Or you could just grow more arms :D btw, thanks for stopping by, you really are awesome...great to know that Electrical Storm will be done live!!

Waterman981 said:
Edge, as I am watching you post I have to say that it is really cool of you to come here and visit with us. You don't see that from most bands, and I think is awesome! Forgive us for all the questions, but thank you again for visiting with us!

The McCready (Mike from PJ) has posted on the PJ board!! :heart:
It was hilarious. I even had a conversation with him about assless chaps lol!

Mr. The Edge....you and Mike should do something together...you and Mike are my fav. guitar players EVER. :drool:

Awesome to see you here! :hug:

Theme from Dangermouse? geez, out of all the songs in the world, Bammo, you picked that one?

Sooooo glad to hear Electric Storm is going to be played live. I was worried it was going to be lost between the Best Of release and the new tour.

u2ulysses said:

U2 played "The Sweetest Thing" on their last tour - I know because I saw it! Bono sits at the piano playing. It's very cute and a great little song.

:madspit: You stink! I didn't get to see it at my shows...what a treat that musta been.

I think Electrical Storm has a lot of potential live...I see the arena/stadium flooded with deep swirly like blue light...

Oh wow, Electrical Storm live - what a treat!!
Funny enough, it's one of my preferred songs to work out to....
I think the live version would give me cardiac arrest!

Electrical Storm? Not one of my favourite tracks. The William Orbit mix just reminded me too much of "All Saints" crappy beach song. Just can't stand all the swirling stuff, that was just too middle of the road and to near what every other group and Madonna were doing as well. So I'm damn pleased that William Orbit had nothing to do with the album that's for sure. Yes it was an ok song but nowhere near an all time top ten U2 song, more like top 100.

And Edge....you should play "Love Is Blindness" on the next tour, that is a cracking song and the guitar is superb.

Last edited:
I think whether or not you like Electrical Storm a lot, it would make for good arena/stadium show...

did i miss anybody placing ES on a hypothetical tracklist?!

Or is this in some other thread I don't know of?

I would put it, I reckon,

in between the "In a Little While"/"Wild Honey" pair ( 6& 7) and

the "Peace on Earth"/"When I look at the World" pair (8 & 9),

cause neither of those can be broken up, and it doesn't feel quite right to me tucked somewhere in the 1.2.3.4 of Beautiful Day/StuckinaMoment/Elevation/WalkOn
grouping either...

cheers all!

I'm going to assume that this thread is nearing the end, but if by chance you read this Edge, what happened to the great guitar work in the chorus of 'Electrical Storm' that was on the demo played on the BBC (or was it Radio 1?) that failed to make either finished versions? I'm referring to the "fret-rising" on individual notes. Aside from the solo, that was the best part of the song, in my opinion.

thanks,
james

Last edited:
I listened to Electrical Storm a lot this summer. It is my rainy summer day song. Ahh... summer...

This makes me quite happy to hear that electrical storm will be played live, my only hope is that they still have it in the setlist by the time they make it to Australia, this song totally reminds me of spring and the beach from two years ago, I have such happy, happy memories associated with this song and it would be great to hear it played live:drool:

The_Edge89 said:

"We're pretty much a four-legged table"
Like you said back in 85 right?

Hehe - it's got to be pretty weird having people quote what you said nearly 20 years ago. One of the quirks of celebrity, I guess. :D

Diemen said:

Hehe - it's got to be pretty weird having people quote what you said nearly 20 years ago. One of the quirks of celebrity, I guess. :D

hey that's heavy. I'm gonna keep using that word as much as possible now to see what happens to it in my head...

I think it's just gotta be one of the quirks of celebrity to have people *you don't know* refer to things you said 20 years ago.
I find myself referring to great lines my friends uttered years before all the time.

cheers all!

Hi ShellBe There – How about Electrical Storm (Band Version) before New York? The tension / troubles in the relationship of Electrical Storm followed by the guy running off to the “Big City” facing / not facing his “mid-life crisis.” And it would have “beefed up” ATYCLB too. How about The Ground Beneath Her Feet before ES and NY or after ES and NY?

The Edge said:

There is no plan to. But, then again you just never know. I dont think so.....at this point

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sorry to hear that, Acrobat has been my favorite song for a long time, and I know MANY people feel that way.

Are you waiting for a "special" ocassion to play it, or do you lads jsut dont think it will play well live?

Well I hope U2 comes to Holland. And I also hope that U2 will play old stuff. My absolute favourite is Hawkmoon.....so I hope u2 will play that (maybe only in Holland, thats good enough for me:):))

The Electrical storm was a very nice present on the best of cd.:) Such a great summer song. And than this great video with finally Larry in the spotlight.....well....not bad at all :):) ( and I want to know what keeps him young, so i can get it too:))

Love from Holland
Dutchfan

Back
Top Bottom