the g8 concert live stream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
totenhosen :) that means now only the act where we saw the Irish falcon up onstage has to go and then Bono!

All You Need Is Love, here I kicked in before :D

now Herbert is up, Bono will join him soon :)

try reinstalling your sound card Jcoster :) or otherwise the program that runs it... I had that once too, just had to download it again and reinstall

So apparently I woke up 15 minutes too late this morning to catch it the first time. And I don't have to leave here for another 10 minutes or so, so I might catch Bono again with Gronemeyer

Spoke too soon! :hyper:

Galeongirl said:
now Herbert is up, Bono will join him soon :)

try reinstalling your sound card Jcoster :) or otherwise the program that runs it... I had that once too, just had to download it again and reinstall

will try that GG, I've tried everything else :huh:

If anyone's up now and wants to catch it again, it'll be up momentarily. Geldof is singing All You Need Is Love with Die Toten Hosen

forbonou2 said:
:wink: Ahhh....thank u so much for that link! it was so cute and funny to see/hear bono singing in German!! :laugh:

Yes, and it was awesome to see Bono play with some mates "old folk songs", they all wantet to share: beautiful versions of "Redepemtion Song", the "Abbey Road"-Medley and "Get Up Stand Up" - wow! What an inspired performance, what a setlist!

I was at that show and came back home today, so many impressions, so much to tell, and I have to catch up on photos and downloads, pure stress.

Let me all tell you that it was a brilliant, brilliant show, also with a bit of fun, but of course a lot of seriousness.

It was a festival of love and peace, a PEACEFUL protest and demonstration. People were in good mood, singing along, dancing, discussing a lot.

The films and the speakers were very interesting, but also made me so angry at times, they also showed me once again why the work of Bono and Bob is so important.

Throughout our stay in Germany I followed all the news about the G8 very closely, Bono was in the media a lot.

The concert was NOT a U2 show, and an Edge appearance was only a rumour, never confirmed.

Honestly, I got more than I expected. I never expected Bono to sing 3-4 songs. I expected him to do more talking, but he was so humble, as it was Herbert Groenemeyer's show. And Herbert is so passionate about all of this, it was so great seeing him, I love the man.

There were some surprises, man, that was so cool.

Die Toten Hosen were awsome, they always put on such a great live show.

We were very close to the stage, standing next to the press stage of German TV station ARD, though we tried to get another place at the other side of the stage, but it wasn't possible because there were too many people, we couldn't get through, it was so tight. And hot, the sun burning like crazy, my back and neck are totally red, it hurts!

But in the end our location turned out to be perfect, because at some point during the show BONO and BOB appeared on the ARD stage to give an interview and they were only a few feet away from us, I was so exicted! I didn't really follow the performance on the main stage because I was always staring at Bono and, strangely enough, at his nice, fuzzy hair. There were some people calling his name, and when the interview ended, he gave us a wave and a very sweet smile.

Later, Herbert was coming to the press stage as well, giving an interview, waving and shaking along to the music. It was so cool!
And when Bono came out on stage to perform, it was so fantastic, yet so surreal.

We were in front of the stage by then. Bono and Bob came out holding hands, that was so sweet! The songs were perfect for the occasion and Bono's voice in very good shape. He looked great, I found that most photos simply don't do him justice.

Strange thing was that Dallas Shoo was there along with Bonos green Falcon, but the guitar was never used. During rehearsals earlier that day, Dallas played parts of One and Bad and some other U2 songs I cannot remember exactly now.

It was so great seing him sing with Bob, Campino and Youssou, such an amazing surprise, what a combination!

Later on he sang with Herbert in German, it was hilarious, they had fun, Bono had a hard time remembering the German lyrics and messed up a lot, Herbert was always laughing at him. It was a bit cringeworthy, but then again nice, because Bono was trying to show respect to Herbert and wanted to do the duet in German.

He said later on television: I am not only a great singer, but also a great comedian. Did you hear my German?

The other three songs were fine, even though Bono seemed a bit depressed because the G8 meetings weren't going the way he expected them so to. But he sang with a lot of passion.

It was a great show and such an important event. We spend the whole day there, buying stuff, discussing issues, collecting information, signing up to campaings. The spirit was just amazing and I am so glad that everything was peaceful and that people were showing that a peaceful protest is indeed possible.

Has anyone uploaded the mp3s and/or videos of the performances with Bono, I have seen it on You Tube but would LOVE to have a download. Thanx so much!

BTW, Herbert said they didn't rehearse at all, neither did Bob and Die Toten Hosen, there simply had been no time, but for that, the outcome was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom