The Fly: is he back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadcaster

Refugee
hey guys, im sorry if this has already been posted but i really am dying to know

http://www.interference.com/u2120150/index.html

in that particular news item it talks right down the bottom about the fly (the character not the song)

what do u guys think? is he back? is this guy on drugs? whats the deal?

if so how long do ya recon the fly will be around for during each show?

thanks heaps guys! :D

Bono might have a new stage character...

The African Tree Frog

and he wears a green leather suit and bright red shades and licks all the cameras

LemonMacPhisto said:
Bono might have a new stage character...

The African Tree Frog

and he wears a green leather suit and bright red shades and licks all the cameras

Yeah. Once he's in character, he gonna demonstrate how to eat a "real" fly to the crowd. :laugh:

phanan said:
Between The Fly and the re-emergence of tunes from Boy, it almost seems like U2 will be making stops throughout the show of each phase of the band's history.

sounds good ay? :D

phanan said:
Between The Fly and the re-emergence of tunes from Boy, it almost seems like U2 will be making stops throughout the show of each phase of the band's history.

Looks like they are not making a stop for the POP era. I guess that is something they'd rather forget.

Cheers,

J

of course they want to forget the pop era....... no signs of toothpicks, lemons, buzz cuts for Bono. At the best one or two songs from the album.

jick said:

Looks like they are not making a stop for the POP era. I guess that is something they'd rather forget.

Cheers,

J

:rolleyes: The tour hasn't even officially started yet and your're assuming they are totally going to ignore any Pop songs? Puh-leaze. This thread's about The Fly's appearance.

im confused but, is it just that crazzy jerking thing that bono did during the zootv tour at the start? or are we actually gonna get the fly?

i mean that discription given kinda matched the fly a little........
=]

ok im sure this is a stupid question...
what was the fly character? im kinda lost and i would like to know...

phanan said:

You know what? I'm not so sure I like the sound of that... :huh: To me, it just screams "farewell tour"... you know, having the band reflect back on everything they've done. It's sort of like having your life flash before your eyes.

I'm probably just being paranoid. :wink:

miracledrugluvr said:
ok im sure this is a stupid question...
what was the fly character? im kinda lost and i would like to know...

The Fly was one of Bono's alter-egos during the Zoo TV tour:

bonobluefly.jpg

GibsonGirl said:

You know what? I'm not so sure I like the sound of that... :huh: To me, it just screams "farewell tour"... you know, having the band reflect back on everything they've done. It's sort of like having your life flash before your eyes.

Damn, I didn't think of it that way.

Now you've got me paranoid! :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

Actually, I've thought that too. And it really scares me. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

jick said:

Cheers,

J

Which is a shame for you Jick as you are a big fan of Pop despite always slagging it off

Come on the Fly!!!

Back
Top Bottom