The Fly from ZooTV DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
very cool on the DVD isn't it?

The only thing is you need to hear it a couple of times before you really enjoy it, and so my friends didn't understand when I showed them it from the DVD:(

phillyfan26 said:
Better than any other version: that Strat is the best.

89 Clapton Signature Model ;)

That version rocks , I think bout the time I've been waiting for hearing it on dvd , to hear it in a HomeTheather

Damn , all those cameras flying over Edge on his solo :drool: :drool: Gotta love it , the fact the best version of the tour it's on the dvd , and Gotta love Mallet , Damn the way his cams captured the song with all dizzyness

i'm sure after Hamish watch this dvd , he will spend a whole week on his house depressed :lol:

vaz02 said:
I hated 'The Fly' on the sydney DVD :reject:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Ok , I'm feeling like now ............ wow

Dude what's wrong with it ? It's okay perhaps to not like it , but hate it ? it's all right in there

The band is wild , edge's wild , there's Bono crazy Achtung Now , Edge's solo , all those great shots

I'm honestly shocked

:shrug:

Ehh just seeing the Elevation version, just got me to hate it...The more I see that concert, I just think it should be well more better everything in that song...The rest of that concert I thought was amazing:up:

tpsglick2424 said:
:shrug:

Ehh just seeing the Elevation version, just got me to hate it...The more I see that concert, I just think it should be well more better everything in that song...The rest of that concert I thought was amazing:up:

It's curious coz I always the elevation version , like I can enjoy it a lot , without comparation ............. without hearing those kids who nothign bout u2 , and say FLY ELEVATION is their better song ........

Coz it's like , although it's a wild re-vamp of the song , it kills the song in several songs , the toomuch distortion kills the original chords , the chorus is lost without Edge's falsetto .... And also the "ACHTUNG YA ALL " part

Still one thing u can't say , the sound of the strat is :drool: :drool: :drool:

Boston Fly is one of the only live versions of a song that I think is better than the album version. I didn't think Sydney was anything special, but I haven't watched it many times, so I guess I can't really comment.

But Boston...the number of :drool:s and :hyper:s I need too post here to do it justice would oversee the smilie limit.

MMMm.....

PDVD_008.jpg

PDVD_010-1.jpg

:drool: :drool:

:rockon: :rockon:

Fly only works for me with 2 guitrars

I love the Fly in all its guises but you can't beat seeing The Fly sung by The Fly himself and that only happens on ZOOTV!!

the different versions of The Fly on the ZooTV and Elevation tour fit in with the tour 100% perfectly. ZooTV was a dizzying display of rock n' roll and technology, put together in a real dirty, messy array of guitars and televisions. The Fly fit in perfectly with that -- real loose, but with Bono's guitar in your face and Edge's guitar flying all over the place. the Elevation tour was more down to earth, more connected, and really more mature. not as many televisions and lights, and a more 'organized' routine. The Fly had only one guitar (none of Bono's messy chords) with a great, amazing, fantastic intro, and the song itself was more connected (aka. guitar all the way through the choruses). it's amazing how they changed the song for both of those tours (imo the Vertigo performances were just ZooTV re-hashed :shrug: ).

that being said, no other guitarist will have the kind of power and energy that Edge had in his guitar for that song. i've never ever heard a guitar sound sooo fucking good.

An Cat Gav said:
I love the Fly in all its guises but you can't beat seeing The Fly sung by The Fly himself and that only happens on ZOOTV!!

*puts on the souther drawl* AMEEEEN!

Loved version of 'The Fly " on Zoo Tv,
those guitar riffs and the crowd going off then the intro "WEcolome to Zoo Tv Y'all.
dont get better than that

I actually hate LIve in Chicago, its so Blah, :tsk:

trayzee said:
Loved version of 'The Fly " on Zoo Tv,
those guitar riffs and the crowd going off then the intro "WEcolome to Zoo Tv Y'all.
dont get better than that

I actually hate LIve in Chicago, its so Blah, :tsk:

Try Fly from Sao Paulo I

Back
Top Bottom