The first HTDAAB thread in EYKIW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote Ya Jerks!!

• Vertigo

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Miracle Drug

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Sometimes...

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Love and Peace...

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • COBL

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • ABOY

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • A Man and a Woman

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Crumbs

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • One Step Closer

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • OOTS

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Fast Cars

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Ahhhhh, now that WTAHAN has been changed to WTAHNN all Bomb discussion goes in here, and I wanted to be the first person to start a Bomb thread here.

And because I looooooove polls, it's a poll!!!

So vote for your favorite song off da Bomb!!!

But you must!!!

I voted for Miracle Drug. For some reason this song doesn't get enough appreciation in this forum, especially live. It blows me away every time.

City Of Blinding Lights. Best song since Heartland, better than U2's entire nineties output.

Axver said:
City Of Blinding Lights. Best song since Heartland, better than U2's entire nineties output.

No no no no no!!! Really!? Wow. That's high Praise. I could probably come up with a dozen songs from the 90's that I like more. To eavh their own I guess.:cool:

Axver said:

It continues to amaze me how someone who appreciates the subtleness and ambiance of a song like Promenade can similtaniously harp on a chorus-heavy, hook-laiden, in-your-face song like COBL as being one of U2's best ever. As for it being better than anything U2 did in the 90s, that is just a preposterous statement.

namkcuR said:

It continues to amaze me how someone who appreciates the subtleness and ambiance of a song like Promenade can similtaniously harp on a chorus-heavy, hook-laiden, in-your-face song like COBL as being one of U2's best ever. As for it being better than anything U2 did in the 90s, that is just a preposterous statement.

As soon as I saw you were the last to reply to this thread, I knew just what you'd replied to. :wink:

If you ask me, COBL has the epic qualities of Streets, the anthemic attributes of Pride, and comes together to be a unique but still typically U2 masterpiece. I know you don't agree.

And I can't think of a single song from the nineties that's better. Acrobat's closest. Just three positions off on my top nine ...

Axver said:
And I can't think of a single song from the nineties that's better.

The entirety of AB
Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1
Lady With The Spinning Head(Extended)
Salome
Where Did It All Go Wrong
The entirety of Zooropa
Slow Dancing
Miss Sarajevo
Your Blue Room
Slug
A Different Kind Of Blue
Always Forever Now
HMTMKMKM
The entirety of Pop
North And South Of The River
Holy Joe
Two Shots Of Happy One Shot Of Sad

To name a few :wink: :wink: :wink:

Just for fun:

1. Yahweh
2. City of blinding lights
3. Love and Peace or Else
4. One Step Closer
5. Original of the species
6. Miracle Drug
7. Sometimes...
8. Crumbs
9. A man and a woman
10. Vertigo
11. Fast Cars
12. All Because of You

Tottally :bow: for the first three.
Love/Like 4-11
Hate the last one

:)

Axver said:

Funny ha ha. :wink:

lol

ooh btw, I'm listening to UF all the way through right now. Indian Summer Sky just ended. This record is :drool: :drool: It says something that I think a great song like Pride is one of the weakest on the record.

namkcuR said:

The entirety of AB
Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1
Lady With The Spinning Head(Extended)
Salome
Where Did It All Go Wrong
The entirety of Zooropa
Slow Dancing
Miss Sarajevo
Your Blue Room
Slug
A Different Kind Of Blue
Always Forever Now
HMTMKMKM
The entirety of Pop
North And South Of The River
Holy Joe
Two Shots Of Happy One Shot Of Sad

To name a few :wink: :wink: :wink:

So what you're saying is that every song recorded in the 90's is better, and Axver is saying it's better than everything recorded in the 90's. You guys are both on crack!:laugh:

namkcuR said:

lol

ooh btw, I'm listening to UF all the way through right now. Indian Summer Sky just ended. This record is :drool: :drool: It says something that I think a great song like Pride is one of the weakest on the record.

Indian Summer Sky is so incredibly under-rated, it makes me sad because it's such an awesome song. I too think Pride is one of the weaker songs on the album: it's really hard to top awesomeness like ASOH, Wire, The Unforgettable Fire, and Bad. :drool:

Though lately, I've been predominantly listening to the b-sides. I wish U2 had tried to push the instrumental direction more, it's beautiful.

LOVE AND PEACE

now way in hell cobl is better than anything U2 did in the 90s...axver, i like your taste....but this is just a ridiculous statement...oh well

Back
Top Bottom